Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Not Banned Ban Appeal: RipeSnipe

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
In-game Name RipeSnipe

Have you cheated before? nope

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? plano was called out in uncap, I watched him go far left side and killed him, you can see me holding fire for other enemies in uncap but I identified the support player and killed him when he went far left

Why should we lift your ban? this is pre-emptive lol apparently he was baiting at this point because we had all capped multiple times and people were engaging him legitimately, then he just baited the rest of the round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZL5HieBcE4

Kick reason (from Battlelog)

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Unfortunately you did jump the gun.
While it can be annoying to have to wait for them to engage you first, it is allowed for this player to remain in uncap.

The enemy team had been all capped for the majority of the match but then semi succeeded with holding one of the flags.

In your case, you will be issued a punish point as you have a clean record besides this incident.

Do try to be more diligent in the future regarding uncap areas, it’s fine to target those who fire out but just make sure they have before you engage.

I’ve made my fair share of mistakes, I’ve found that it is better to take a hit or two and possibly die first than to preemptively attack.

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
sounds good, but for the record the admin team have issued warnings to players who purposefully bait like plano is doing as of late. it is not conducive to a healthy server imo and I hope it is taken into account going forward. 3 years on here and plenty of youtube vids of me holding my fire until allowed to shoot, even down to the millisecond. I'll take this one in stride.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I have been here as an admin for 11 months now, in that time I haven't seen that type of punishment occur. If it has, I do not remember it.
But for the record I am not going to punish someone for something I do myself. If there are multiple reports claiming that players are attacking uncap, sometimes I will spawn and wait... I make sure we aren't all capped but 7/10 times, those in question will attack uncap to kill me. They are promptly issued a punishment and also 7/10 times they review the rules and apologize.

If players in the past have been issued a punish point for baiting, I assume it would have been on a case by case basis. However, with what I said above, I do not tolerate false reporting.
If he continues to bait only to report players who are not in violation of our rules, he will be dealt with accordingly.

The rules are the rules, I enforce based on what they depict, there is a small margin for us to use our own discretion but in my experience, those situations tend to get messy.
Or, it creates a standard that I am not always comfortable with enforcing.

We all make mistakes, that is expected. Most of us play in a competitive nature, this is just a wake up call to be more careful. I'm almost certain this won't be an issue moving forward for you, if it is, you'll have a few more chances.