Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Complaint Handled Ban Appeal: SnugglesFTW

In-game Name SnugglesFTW

Have you cheated before? No

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? This is an appeal on behalf of SnugglesFTW. A lot of players have been noticing the inconsistency in bans/punishments. Snuggles was banned for chat filter baiting; which in and of its self is a silly reason for a perm ban tbh. For example, Stirum was banned, and then unbanned within 4 hours for the exact same reason. JohnnyQuest515 was banned, and later unbanned, for the same offense.

Is it really necessary to perm ban a player over a simple chat violation? He wasn’t being racist, bigoted, or offensive; simply a joke. While other players are openly toxic and bigoted, and reporters/people who get offended are simply told to “press H”. How difficult would it be to exclude these trigger words from the filter, and avoid these incidents entirely.

Why should we lift your ban? Other players have done the exact same thing, and gotten off scott free

Kick reason (from Battlelog) Banned by an admin

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
1653226170706.png

Ultimately I won't make the call on this one, Snuggles has a storied past here and this isn't his first ban. In terms of the filter baiting thing there is really not much that can be done here, we ask that people use common sense and avoid triggering the filters. Trolling people into fucking with the filters is just as bad as setting em off themself.

Its Regex, like you really can't fix it without removing variations of the 3 words that are banned. When it boils down to it, nobody is ever going to be happy with it regardless of what we do here, there are people who want more on it, and people who want it gone, and the amount of reports that pop up just because of silly chat shit like this absurd, which was worse without the filters and ffs we aren't the damn chat police. We are here to remove the hackers and the team griefers.

If he wants to appeal he will have to come do it himself, I see he has an account, just tell him to do so.