Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Battlefield: Hardline?

I'm not memeing. I loved Hardline with a passion and really the only reason I recently moved to BF4 was because there are no populated US servers, just German ones. While I love them to death, the ping is unbearable.

I have around 1500+ hours across PS4 and PC Hardline so personally I would love to see a quality server like BZ on Hardline. The issue is just getting people on to Hardline. If I made a quick little guide on joining a Hardline server would people do it? If you have EA Play on Steam you should get it for free.

Hell no from me. Hardline was an abomination. But I am just a visitor, like you.
Why was it an abomination? Just kind of curious why people thought that. BF:Hardline was my introduction to BF so I have no experience with any BF game outside of Hardline.

Most of us here have never played it.
From what I have played on BF4 so far, it seems Hardline was just a clone of BF4 but made a bit more CQC related. The gunplay seems about the same, in fact I prefer the running and vaulting in Hardline to BF4 so far. The guns seem to work about the same and the skills from Hardline are translating almost 1:1 for me.

Its free if you have EA play, I'd love to show some people how to play.

It's literally a cops and robbers game. That is probably why it's mostly dead and buried.
So the Large Conquest modes, Rush and other standard modes don't exist? Because they do, I'm starting to think you're one of those players just hating on the game to meme on it. Also, yes it is cops and robbers. BF4 is just China v US or Russia v US. Literally just names.

No, I have no desire to play as a hyped up cop, or some jackwagon thief. There is a reason servers (and EA) abandoned it, and it's because most of their customers agree with me and not you.

No, I have no desire to play as a hyped up cop, or some jackwagon thief. There is a reason servers (and EA) abandoned it, and it's because most of their customers agree with me and not you.
Right, why do that when you can play some beefed up super soldier running through the Paris Metro or the hills of Shangri-La.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I thought it was all right. It was basically DLC for BF4 that they sold as a stand-alone game. That's probably why it didn't do well.

They made it seem like they were getting back to some of the cool aspects of BF2 with ziplines and grappling hooks, but they lamed them up. Kind of like they lamed up building fortifications in BF6 by only allowing you to build specific fortifications in specific locations. Some sandbox.

I've probably said it about 100 times in these forums over the years, but the BF franchise hasn't innovated like they used to since BF2.

I HaveHSV

Donator
I thought it was all right. It was basically DLC for BF4 that they sold as a stand-alone game. That's probably why it didn't do well.

They made it seem like they were getting back to some of the cool aspects of BF2 with ziplines and grappling hooks, but they lamed them up. Kind of like they lamed up building fortifications in BF6 by only allowing you to build specific fortifications in specific locations. Some sandbox.

I've probably said it about 100 times in these forums over the years, but the BF franchise hasn't innovated like they used to since BF2.
The fact that they tried selling it as a stand alone game is just comical. Absolute money grab. Also likely what killed it. If it was a dlc and you could load into it via BF4 I believe it would have been more popular. If I remember correctly you could switch back and forth between bf bc2 and Vietnam

The fact that they tried selling it as a stand alone game is just comical. Absolute money grab. Also likely what killed it. If it was a dlc and you could load into it via BF4 I believe it would have been more popular. If I remember correctly you could switch back and forth between bf bc2 and Vietnam
100%. The only reason I picked it up was because it was so cheap. It flopped and I remembered buying it for like, 6.99. Shouldn't have been marketed as a full game but would have been an amazing DLC/Add-on to BF4.

SKalber

-bZ- Member
I had Hardline from the beginning and loved it. The only reason I stopped playing is that the servers died. It also was released around the time of GTA V, that hurt it a lot too.

SilentGhost

-bZ- Member
Donator
Hardline is the only iteration of BF I've never owned or played. I just have issues with the idea of shooting cops.
I played it, and have the same issue. At least, I did when Hardline released, but I realize I'm also being hypocritical since I played the hell out of CounterStrike for... over a decade. I haven't played CounterStrike in over a decade either. My brother is still on daily, and his initial addiction to it I'm directly responsible for it. He's also better at it than I ever was, so there's that.

Anyway, I don't have any real problem with Hardline, I just never had a reason to pay what EA was asking initially, and as you've noticed, it didn't take off in North America.

I also like Ring of Elysium (and don't really like PUBG), and well, that game only has populated servers in Europe and probably Asia. I just live with the ping when I want to play, usually in the 150ms range, and since the kids in Europe are ahead of us, I've been known to play at 5am US Central.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I've also thought that Hardline cribbed a few notes from GTA. At least in GTA if you shoot a cop you get killed in a very big way.