Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

BC2 Losing Momentum?

This must be the first time ive seen a console port game get more pc attention lol but this is from xbox

Even Xbox fellas are leaving the game whats happening with PC gamers?????

I have to say it, Ive been saying the same after the third week DICE...

LINK Planet Battlefield - Maps, News, Battlefield 2, Videos, Downloads

GameInformer: Show Me The Maps! (And Guns!) [ 9 Comments ]

13:42 PST | *Metal* | Print News | Category: BFBC2BFBC2 has been received well and sold over 5 million copies to date. But why has BFBC2 been sliding down the Xbox Live Usage Rankings? GameInformer goes into detail and give their reasoning behind the unexpected downfall.

The Battlefield series got off to a rough start on consoles, but DICE struck the right formula with Bad Company 2. Since its early March launch, I’ve spent much of my free time climbing up the military ranks, unlocking new weapons, and collecting insignias and pins in the company of friends. Clearly I’m not alone, as the game has sold over five million copies to date, which catapulted it into the upper echelon of the Xbox Live usage charts alongside multiplayer juggernauts like Call of Duty and Halo.

But in the past few weeks, the game has started sliding down the ranks. It’s not just being usurped by shiny new titles like Red Dead Redemption, either. From April 19 to May 3, BC2 fell to the number seven slot behind older games like Call of Duty: World at War and Halo 3: ODST. There’s no shame in placing behind the perennial big dogs like Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3, but when you start slipping behind other titles from these franchises it’s worth questioning why such a brilliant multiplayer game isn’t demonstrating the same traction as the big guns.

It's surprising to see the big drop off when you account for all the things Bad Company 2 does right in comparison to other multiplayer games. For instance, you can’t pin the blame on bugs or imbalances. Compared to the glitch fest of Modern Warfare 2’s first few months, Bad Company 2 has offered a relatively problem-free experience after EA solved the initial server overload issues.

When talking to former BC2 regulars on my Xbox Live friends list about why they aren’t playing the game anymore, two particular concerns dominate the conversations. The first is a dried up unlockable pool. Unlike in Call of Duty, most players have acquired all the weapons, modifications, and specializations by level 22 in Bad Company 2. Once you’ve secured the final weapons in the game, what are you fighting for? The carrot of continual incentives is gone.

The second complaint I hear often from those who have abandoned Bad Company 2 is the lack of new maps. Bad Company 2 has some amazing levels, particularly Arica Harbor, but if you’re playing the game every night the familiarity starts to compromise the experience considering the multitude of new gaming options available to people every week. Read the rest...