Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

BF 2042 is out!

SKalber

-bZ- Member
I just finished playing my first round of BF 2042. My opinion= very cool. Much better than the Beta experience. The Beta was based on an old version of the game. I can't wait to play Friday night. Hopefully I will see some of you around. :)

Watching it right now and sadly it's still way to cod like for me, Almost like a 50-50.

Would I try it? Yes if I have a proper GPU but I don't think I will enjoy it as much as bf4.

This seems like a bf1 cod hybrid?

If anyone looking for a spare NVME and wanting 2042 this is a deal. I'm going to wait till black Friday, perhaps this may go on sale but it's still a deal as is. Still won't be able to play it until I can find a GPU.
2042.JPG

Going to wait a bit to play it, let them iron some of the initial bugs out and hopefully add things like VOIP and all chat. Also depends upon how populated BF4 remains after the 19th. If there is still a sizeable amount of players then I'll stick with this for a while but if the servers die out - which I hope they don't - then I might bite the bullet and pick 2042 up earlier.

Anyone have any experience with it running on a RTX 2070?

TrojanMagnum

Donator
Going to wait a bit to play it, let them iron some of the initial bugs out and hopefully add things like VOIP and all chat. Also depends upon how populated BF4 remains after the 19th. If there is still a sizeable amount of players then I'll stick with this for a while but if the servers die out - which I hope they don't - then I might bite the bullet and pick 2042 up earlier.

Anyone have any experience with it running on a RTX 2070?
A 2070 shouldn't have a problem running it. There's also DLSS support.

It's much better than the beta. I am not a fan of operators and never will be. It's immersion breaking. I just wish they'd get rid of operators. It doesn't make sense having US vs Russia when operators are from different backgrounds and can be played on either side. WTF were they thinking? Anyway, custom Portal servers is where the fun is at. There's no shortage of HC modes and that's a good thing.

A 2070 shouldn't have a problem running it. There's also DLSS support.

It's much better than the beta. I am not a fan of operators and never will be. It's immersion breaking. I just wish they'd get rid of operators. It doesn't make sense having US vs Russia when operators are from different backgrounds and can be played on either side. WTF were they thinking? Anyway, custom Portal servers is where the fun is at. There's no shortage of HC modes and that's a good thing.
So for the big turn off is the flying wing suit, way too fortnite / cod like for me. I don't expect bf4 to last forever and may not be cost effective for banzore in a year or so. I'd play it now if I had a GPU. I'm sure portal will be the best option for those who prefer the older player mechanics and hardcore mode.