Be part of something great, join today!

BF1 Controller Aim Hack

IS CONTROLER USAGE WRONG AND CONSIDERED BY YOU TO BE A BATTLEFIELD 1 HACK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Popas13

-bZ- Member
So there is this BF1 issue...

If using a controller, you will automatically lock to target.

This is a hack as far as I am concerned. I would like to ask the community what they think about this.

Not flight controllers, but gamepads as replacements for keyboard and mouse.

Unless you are a broken brother, have evidence of such, and can't physically work a keyboard and mouse, I don't think this should be allowed. However, I'm not asking how to enforce this decision. I would just like your input on whether the community considers this wrong. If we think this is wrong, and should be considered to be a built in aim hack, then we at least know how we feel about the issue, and can go from there.

And I get it. Controller sux, Keyboard / Mouse rulez, and people playing on controllers while we game for real amongst them, is like inviting your retarded cousin to the party. But we don't have to let Cory bang our girlfriends as well.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I wouldn't think that they are a hack so long as you can disable that snap to target feature.

People use all kinds of different hardware that may or may not provide an advantage, such as a kick ass rig. It is what it is.

We'll have to wait and see. Otherwise, it would be very difficult to find out who was using it.

SKalber

-bZ- Member
If it is part of the game with no added software downloaded than I don't consider it a hack. I do consider it an unfair advantage though. I do not like it,

Popas13

-bZ- Member
Obviously, I worded this poorly. I was even thinking of how to word this correctly, as I was wording this poorly.

My intent was different than the literal wording, so this poll is broken.

My thoughts are that this is a cheat of the system.

It was brought up, that some use kick ass machines that enable better results, and I think that is a very good point.

Absolutely unenforceable no matter what we think, since there is no option to have this set to off on the server.

Regardless, if I hear one of you use a controller, I'm gonna shit talk you. Which I would do anyway, even before this built in aim assist was revealed.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
It wasn't worded poorly. It's just a shit thing that people can get away with.

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
It's an exploit is how I see it. Not illegal. Not against the rules. Just a mistake on the devs' part like any form of bug players manage to take advantage of.

Doesn't mean we should allow it though. It provides a clear disadvantage to other players by using a flaw in the games design (one that I HIGHLY doubt was intended like this). By that notion, I'd say it needs to be shut down.

Target assist is one thing. Auto locking is another.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I play with a keyboard and mouse on my Xbox One so no this is not cheating. I play BF1 on both PC and XboxOne and I am better on the Xbox for some reason. To be honest, if the game did not have auto aim for consoles people would not play it as much. I think there is very little difference anyways because I turn it off to mimic PC on the console. Just my two cents ... figured I would chime in seeing as I have this experience. Cheers

Angry_Cuban13

Daddy McDick
I'll throw in my .2¢ even though I'm not bZ.

The way I'm looking at this is if it is integrated within the game, then it isn't necessarily a hack or a cheat. Simply shitty development (EA amirite).

This will be extremely hard to prove if someone is using a controller short of them admitting it.

Kind of like how some people use macros for semi auto weapons such as DMRs or AN-94, these are very hard to prove as well since spectator mode is very unreliable and sound samples gathered from it should not be the be-all-end-all (Sorry for the rambling).

Now do you consider mouses that enable you to change your DPI settings with the click of a button a cheat too? I personally feel that these is almost running along the same lines as very high DPI settings.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I think years ago macros were considered somewhat of an exploit, but the hardware and code to go along with it is omnipresent today. I've got a fancy keyboard and mouse and don't use half of its features.

I do however use the DPI on the fly. Love this feature. I don't use it much while I'm actually gaming, but I do use it when I switch between normal computing and gaming.

Angry_Cuban13

Daddy McDick
I do however use the DPI on the fly. Love this feature. I don't use it much while I'm actually gaming, but I do use it when I switch between normal computing and gaming.

I do too, don't get me wrong. I love being able to slow my DPI to the pace of a snail when sniping from long range (M65 CORSAIR has a button specifically for this) or being able to 180 my way out of tight spots in one move.

I was just trying to use it as an example since it is Integrated within the game and gives some players more advantage over others which is what the argument about the controller seems to be.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I think if folks had a script that could snap them on target whatever controller they use is suspect, which I believe is what the op is about.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
The difference I see between slower dpi, or using macro, or better pc equipment, is that these issues don't do the work for you. They might help you get the job done, but you still have to aim and shoot seeing what everyone else is seeing. The controller aim assist, aims for you. They have addressed this issue somewhat in the latest patch 12/13/16.

As for something being built into the game, therefore allowed. This should never be the reason for acceptance. If you press the tithe key, you can alter so many aspects of many games, all of which provide an unfair advantage.

Not a great example, but this is the one I have on hand which is for Quake.

Cheat Codes For Quake

Press ~ to access the console, then enter the following:

Code Effect
sv_nostep # 0 = Unable to go up steps, 1 = Able to go up steps
give ammo All ammo
give all All items
r_fullbright 1 All solid surfaces are bright (cancelled by r_fullbright 0)
give weapons All weapons
impulse 9 All Weapons/Items
sv_friction # Amount of friction when moving
give armor shard Armour shard
cl_backspeed # Backward movement speed
kill Begin again on current map with original health, weapons, ammo, etc.
give blue key Blue key
give armor Body armour
give bodyarmor Body armour
give combat armor Combat armour
give commander's head Commander's head
notarget Enemies Can't See You
fly Fly Mode
cl_forwardspeed # Forward movement speed
impulse 11 gives 1 rune (do it 4 times for all)
give C # Gives charge amount of entered # (0 to 255)
give H # Gives health amount of entered # (0 to 32767)
give N # Gives nail amount of entered # (0 to 255)
give R # Gives rocket amount of entered # (0 to 255)
give S # Gives shell amount of entered # (0 to 255)
give # Gives weapon to entered # (1 to 8:1=Axe, 2=Shotgun, 3=Super Shotgun, 4=Nailgun, 5=Super Nailgun, 6=Grenade Launcher, 7=Rocket Launcher, 8=Thunderbolt)
god God Mode
givehealth Health
cl_rollangle # How much the screen will angle when strafing
give invulnerability Invulnerability
sv_maxspeed # Maximum speed when moving
noclip No Clip (go through walls)
give power cube Power cube
give power shield Power shield
impulse 255 or impulse -1 quad damage mode
give red key Red key
give security pass Security pass
skill # Set skill to # (# is 0 to 3: 0=Easy, 1=Normal, 2=Hard, 3=Nightmare)
sv_gravity # Sets the gravity to #
give slugs Slugs
cl_sidespeed # Strafing movement speed
sv_stopspeed # Time it takes to stop moving

This is all built into the game. Would it be fair to go against another player who has god mode enabled? Of course not. So built into the game, is a weak argument.

Banzore has always been known to spectate their servers and ban all hackers. "We ban all hackers" is our damn tag line for goodness sakes. So if we see someone wall hacking, or aim hacking, we ban them so we wouldn't have to play with others who have an unfair advantage. Some players in the server using an aim assist while others are not, is not keeping a level playing field. And those in the club doing it, are wrong. This goes against everything Banzore stands for.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Well, I would add that using a console controller requires a bit of a handicap, right? That's like using crayons to draft the blueprints for a skyscraper.

Popas13

-bZ- Member

This guy breaks it down. Tells what is good with aim assist, and what is bad. He shows the difference with it on and off.

For a sniper in a 200 damage server like we are playing, aim assist is too much. It locks on to running players. Where we all have to aim and shoot.

This was the response to a user concerning Battlefield 4.

‎11-29-2013 02:21 AM
urthy
★★★★ NEWBIE
message.jpg
Hello, i am curious noob wondering if the PC version of BF4 has aim assist included for controller support? The internet gave unclear answers and i wanted to clear it up as i think it would be great!

ea-icon.pngEA_Bastian
COMMUNITY MANAGER (RETIRED)
83x83?v=v2.png
‎11-29-2013 03:31 AM

There is no aim assist on PC, it would mess up the competitive nature of our multiplayer mode but is needed on consoles.

But now it doesn't mess up multiplayer mode?!?

Last edited: