Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

BF3 how to effectivley use the javalin

T4gUr1t

-bZ- Member
Thanks Hillbilly. I have actually been trying this out and it works great. you have to be fast at looking up cause you will lose your lock.

T4gUr1t

-bZ- Member
yea it disables in the first shot if its a direct hit. but takes 1-2 more rounds to finish it.

I also just found this on youtube comments.

The Javelin has no selectable fire modes in BF3. The Engineer can unlock and use it (2 shots by default, 4 with explosive specialization, and need 3 to kill an MBT). However, if a *Recon* player is using a SOFLAM and laser designates targets for the Engineer, his Javelin will then perform top-attacks against ground targets (inflicting more damage) and can lock on to air targets that have been designated.

Requires teamwork, but it makes the Javelin more effective if the recon guy helps.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
SOFLAM is my next recon kit unlock.

I used this "shoot up" technique with the lock on rockets in BC2. Very effective. I would like to try the SOFLAM thing though. Like tracer darts on meth!

T4gUr1t

-bZ- Member
Jackson and I confirmed a top attack mode with the Javelin and SOFLAM combo. Once the SOFLAM has a laser lock on the target you look through the CLU on the Javelin and you will see the laser lock and get a solid lock-on even if the tank isn't in your line of sight.

I want to also test since the SOFLAM can Laser Designate air targets will the Javelin lock-on and fire upon to those targets as well.

That's actually pretty useful in teams then. You have one anti-tank guy half way across the map and the engineer designates using SOFLAM, you can still get a kill on the tank. What is the max range on being able to do that? Would be fairly excellent if it truly is cross-map kind of distance.

T4gUr1t

-bZ- Member
The longest we have been able to effectively engage Lased target was from front of US spawn to point "D" Junction on Grand Bazaar map. I know for jets to use there AGMs they have to fly close to and over the target. I know the SOFLAM doesn't have an extreme range.