Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Camping spawn and taking vehicles

lately, a bunch of guys on BZ24 are claiming its not against the rules to go to enemy spawn and take the helo. Is that correct?
If it is, can we please make it a rule officially? it creates a huge imbalance in the game when people are flying with both helos and its near impossible to shoot them down.

Edit: I see, at the bottom of the rules, it is allowed. it would be great if that was changed.

Last edited:

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The only rule about stealing enemy vehicles is that you cannot fire while still in their uncap, until you are out of their base you are prey. I doubt that the rule allowing you to steal enemy vehicles will be changed. ( If you notice your heli has been stolen, switch to engineer with an anti air rocket and harass them with lock ons)

That is my only advice for you.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
If they are camping your base AND firing upon you as soon as you spawn without engaging them first, please record them breaking the rules and post it to forums. The only situation where firing into enemy uncap unprovoked is allowed is when you capture all of the flags.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
It should be impossible to steal the enemy vehicles from spawn without breaking the rules. Just spawn in and spot their aircraft when they're moving in. That way the base AA is killing them, not you. So if they attack you they break the rules. And then if you stand on the pad ready to take your own heli, you'll get it first, alternatively you shoot them if they're next to you on the pad. Because of your spawn protection they can't shoot first. If you shoot first at close range, you should win the firefight every time.

I don't see how this is an issue. Unless nobody on you team is trying to play heli, or nobody spots enemies. In which case you deserve what's happening to you.

That said, siege of Shanghai is like the most cancerous map in bf4, so my best advice is to not play that map.

It should be impossible to steal the enemy vehicles from spawn without breaking the rules. Just spawn in and spot their aircraft when they're moving in. That way the base AA is killing them, not you. So if they attack you they break the rules. And then if you stand on the pad ready to take your own heli, you'll get it first, alternatively you shoot them if they're next to you on the pad. Because of your spawn protection they can't shoot first. If you shoot first at close range, you should win the firefight every time.

I don't see how this is an issue. Unless nobody on you team is trying to play heli, or nobody spots enemies. In which case you deserve what's happening to you.

That said, siege of Shanghai is like the most cancerous map in bf4, so my best advice is to not play that map.
I spend most of my time on bz2 so it's possible I've forgotten but aren't there one or two maps without a base AA? I think Sunken Dragon might be one. This does not invalidate the rest of your statement of course but I thought it was worth mentioning. If I am wrong and all the maps with helicopters/jets have a base AA then just ignore me. :D