Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Company Of Heroes

Well I have new game which is free you might be interested in.

Company of Heroes Online

Yep its free to download and play.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/

I have been playing for a while now and I find it to be very enjoyable.

If anyone decides to give this a shot let me know.

Oh yeah, forgot you need to make an account before you can download the game, but that's free also.

i play the original and 2 expansions, really fun rts. ill download that as soon as i can, might take a while with my download speeds :?

WarPaint said:
yeah i played this game long ago but all of a sudden game died out? Is it popular now?
well since the 75% off sale on steam with all the expansions i would say its gotten quite a bit more popular

I did not even know it was for sale on steam

Its free to download from the website, that's where I got it from.

If anyone does DL it you can usually find me on Axis name is Abayass

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
Argen said:
I did not even know it was for sale on steamIts free to download from the website, that's where I got it from.

If anyone does DL it you can usually find me on Axis name is Abayass
is it good?

thoughts?

reviews?

any dislikes?

thanks for the info....

is it good?

Yes

thoughts?

Of course I have thoughts!

reviews?

4 outta 5

any dislikes?

Some

thanks for the info....

Your Welcome

Ok so seriously now

My basic thoughts are you need someone on TS or Vent or something to really be able to enjoy the game.

There is no in game speech so puging is usually disheartening.

Actual game play is fairly balanced, I very much enjoy the 3 different talent trees for each faction.

Figuring out where to place the talent points can be annoying and leveling can be a bit sluggish if you loose a lot.

Its almost impossible to do a 2v1 but as always variables exist.

My biggest dislike is the way the game places you in a game. It has some unknown skill ranking system, and will place you in a game as close to even as it can. However its skill ranking system does not seem to be accurate, and because of however it calculates matches, you can have a 5 min wait to get a game sometimes. Also you can not play against your friends if they have a commander in your faction, and you can not play with them if their commander is in the opposing faction. This means you need to level 2 commanders, that combined with the leveling can be aggravating.

To offset my nativities there are some excellent characteristics to this game if you complete the training missions (takes about 15min) you get your first 6 levels instantly and they are completed on any new commanders you make. Also the varying talent trees make it almost worth leveling up different commanders just to see how they work. Also the heroic units you get can greatly swing the tide of a battle. The game starts out almost agonizingly slow but the more you play, the more you unlock the higher you level, the greater your abilities become and that is when the game really becomes fantastic. I suppose that is going to be the way all games are now, play more unlock items have more fun. It helps keep the gaming changing.

One last point about this game, which is why I prefer it over other games like Starcraft. In Starcraft there is one best strategy for each race, if you vary from that strategy you will get smoked by someone of equal skill. In COHO you have larger maps with different options available, on how to counter different attacks. You can change the tide of a battle with a single well placed rifle squad, I have done it and seen it done.

"A single grain of rice can tip the scales."

is it good?

thoughts?

reviews?

any dislikes?

thanks for the info....

Hope I answered your questions

Sorry for the wall of Text