Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Complaint Handled Complaint from gamophyte about player RipeSnipe

Who are you reporting? RipeSnipe

Date of incident Sep 23, 2023

Which server were you on? BZ2

Describe the incident Banned a player over an obvious joke.

All previous filter for dedflir were to egg on known racists for capture / catch them. You couldn't have banned a nicer, community minded person.

On behalf of BSS, please let me know if BZ plans to ban for jokes in the near future. We just need to be clear on that.

Thus far, if a BSS member mentions a BZ it has been in good standing with some light ribbing as you would any other member we see daily. Please let us know if this level of familiar banter is no longer allowed.

Please let me know if the mere mention of BZ members is bannable. I want to adjust our sensitivity.

Right, I do understand that. I'm saying, there was no such thing here; this is a misunderstanding. Also, don't lump me with others who may be slinging mud. Though I do understand their shock and anger, I'm here to speak on this matter with direct experience about it. I'm also not trying to pretend that 3/5 wasn't of a racial topic either.

If you play with ded daily, like most people on BZ2 ,1.5 and 1 do, you see he may press on a racist to bring it out into the open. You usually see my report following it. This process isn't clean though, and you run up against the filter sometimes. However with each case, we assumed the whole context would be there, and common sense would apply.

Ded is black, and he is highly protective over the servers he plays at, because it's a place to come to after a day of dealing with what he does, to sit and escape it. Yet, being a part of his life, it may influence the humor of the moment. Sometimes he will joke about the topic, but never to any level of actually attacking people or just being openly offensive.

You guys have now taken his efforts to fight racism and keep things light, and made up an egregious history for Ded; I've played with dead nearly daily for 3 years, I really would love to see how he was evading a filter? Are you saying the 3/5 is the evade? I'd love to see how he was being racist? Did you look at the context around anything ever causing a kick?

This is so baffling to everyone who played with him that night. Again no hate to Ripe, but you can see Ded thought it was okay to include him on such topics in a joke. If Ripe is offended at the topic alone, not ded's actual nature, let Ded know before a day ban - no less happy to play with all of us, on Sat night feeling right.

My post here is just to know if we're going to see any respect enough as daily players to reach out and talk to us. We want things to be clear, and not have some "evidence" against us because the filter kicked us. I know I've said I can speak a few words of Ar_ and got kicked, and did it again because I forgot about last time. I assure you, I'm not racist against the people and culture I cared about enough to learn some of their language.