Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Favorite mag-fed LMG, why?

The RPK, either one of them but I'd probably take the RPK-74 over the RPK-12. RPK-74 has higher damage if I remember correctly because DICE apparently thinks it is chambered in 7.62x54r. I like them because they are accurate and have a pleasantly controllable rate of fire. I don't mind the L86 but it's basically just an assault rifle and feels indistinguishable from the L85 to me. The Ultimax/U-100 is garbage in my opinion. Slow rate of fire, small magazine, and feels worse than using a carbine to me. Lots of people like the AWS but it's just meh to me.

I don't use the LMGs a lot in general. Most of the time a carbine, DMR, or shotgun is a better choice for how I like to play.

I think it depends on your style of play. Speaking from my own experience, I've slowed down my pace, so whereas I thought DMRs were crap, now I use them all the time. That said, I think M240/M60 for close range (Metro/Lockers,) RPK-12 for Medium-range (Pearl,) U100 Medium-LR (Propaganda,) and M240 bipod with optics for large open maps.
If your style is run-until u spot enemy, then you would certainly know better than I - but I don't think that is how "belt-fed suppression tools" were meant to be employed.
I started paying attention to the amount of time that each enemy encounter takes. Your belt-fed at a distance (on the snow in Lockers,) Is no match for a well-disciplined DMR shooter. Unless you are on a bipod, that is - since that is its "real-world usage," well implemented in the gamecode.

I think it depends on your style of play. Speaking from my own experience, I've slowed down my pace, so whereas I thought DMRs were crap, now I use them all the time. That said, I think M240/M60 for close range (Metro/Lockers,) RPK-12 for Medium-range (Pearl,) U100 Medium-LR (Propaganda,) and M240 bipod with optics for large open maps.
If your style is run-until u spot enemy, then you would certainly know better than I - but I don't think that is how "belt-fed suppression tools" were meant to be employed.
I started paying attention to the amount of time that each enemy encounter takes. Your belt-fed at a distance (on the snow in Lockers,) Is no match for a well-disciplined DMR shooter. Unless you are on a bipod, that is - since that is its "real-world usage," well implemented in the gamecode.
But what is your favorite MAG fed lmg, not belt fed.