Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Gauss (Accidentally) Goomba Stomps Dude Seriously

If I remember correctly, DICE said something about how collision with players causes a minuscule amount of damage which is normally rounded-off to nothing but which can in certain circumstances of very low health cause a player to die if their health is below the rounding limit. This is almost guaranteed to only happen in hardcore because of the way the player health is reduced to 60 from 100 and how that interacts with the damage figures relative to player health. It more commonly results from team kills because enemies usually do not collide with each other without attempting to shoot or knife each other first but it should be able to happen from enemy collision as well.

But this was coming from like 8 years ago so I could be completely misremembering it, or it could even be a fabricated memory. Would really suck if that was a fifth TK resulting in a kick after you've been super-careful since getting your fourth ( hopefully ) accidental TK.

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
If I remember correctly, DICE said something about how collision with players causes a minuscule amount of damage which is normally rounded-off to nothing but which can in certain circumstances of very low health cause a player to die if their health is below the rounding limit. This is almost guaranteed to only happen in hardcore because of the way the player health is reduced to 60 from 100 and how that interacts with the damage figures relative to player health. It more commonly results from team kills because enemies usually do not collide with each other without attempting to shoot or knife each other first but it should be able to happen from enemy collision as well.

But this was coming from like 8 years ago so I could be completely misremembering it, or it could even be a fabricated memory. Would really suck if that was a fifth TK resulting in a kick after you've been super-careful since getting your fourth ( hopefully ) accidental TK.
This is exactly what happened. I've only had this happen a handful of times, but when it happened in game I was so confused at the time but figured this to be the likely cause. I had referred to it before this as "goomba smashing" like in Mario.