GTX 1080

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Here comes world peace!

Bounty7565

-bZ- Member
Donator
 I have two 780 TI's that I bought literally the day they came out. They were $750 each.... And they're  now releasing new cards at $600? Why the price drop? 

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I think the price drop is to give folks a reason to upgrade from a perfectly good card. Why upgrade from a card you can run everything in ultra with? Because it's not that expensive.

i am getting it either way. AND BTW i am going to be selling my 980'S for a decent price for who ever wants it =) 

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
So far not terribly impressed with NVIDIA's graphs and presentation, granted they are skewed as always but in this situation it should be more clearly defined (2x performance is a bit of a misnomer as it is only for a very specific niche of the market, virtual reality). The embargo on reviews should be ending May 17th for the UK and May 21st for the US from what I've seen. Most Chinese and Taiwanese leaks show the 1080 edging out a GTX 980Ti by 15-18%. The 2x performance factor with virtual reality doesn't translate over to everything else it seems.
I believe there have been some questions surrounding the ASync computing of the generation as to whether it is truly hardware based or if it is just a modified API running off of the CUDA cores. We will see. Not many games are DX 12.1 and not many future releases yet so it is questionable as to whether NVIDIA decided to fake it until they make it like with Maxwell/old 5xxx series or not.

So far not terribly impressed with NVIDIA's graphs and presentation, granted they are skewed as always but in this situation it should be more clearly defined (2x performance is a bit of a misnomer as it is only for a very specific niche of the market, virtual reality). The embargo on reviews should be ending May 17th for the UK and May 21st for the US from what I've seen. Most Chinese and Taiwanese leaks show the 1080 edging out a GTX 980Ti by 15-18%. The 2x performance factor with virtual reality doesn't translate over to everything else it seems.
I believe there have been some questions surrounding the ASync computing of the generation as to whether it is truly hardware based or if it is just a modified API running off of the CUDA cores. We will see. Not many games are DX 12.1 and not many future releases yet so it is questionable as to whether NVIDIA decided to fake it until they make it like with Maxwell/old 5xxx series or not.

True- but again New technology = New GDDRX+ more Ram if you play 3 4k monitors that sounds extremely nice,,

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Yup, we worked together on EggXpert and departed years back, we still keep in touch on facebook. I was going to help him with his vids but school got in the way, on top of the distance (he lives in Cali).

I did some writing back in the day on Tomshardware and overclockers.net. Meh, not enough time for such things anymore.