Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

L.A to give people living in cars on Venice-area streets 'sa

oobie

-bZ- Member
So it has come to this?.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-0727- ... 2830.story

L.A to give people living in cars on Venice-area streets 'safe overnight parking'

In an effort to deal with the rising tide of people living in cars and campers on the streets of Venice and environs, the city of Los Angeles will soon begin seeking an agency to operate a "safe overnight parking" program aimed at linking the occupants to social services and, eventually, permanent housing.

The program would be similar to efforts in Santa Barbara and Eugene, Ore., where participants sleep in their vehicles in designated parking areas and gain access to counseling and other services, including help finding subsidized apartments.

In Los Angeles, bathrooms, showers and trash facilities would be made available for participants, who would sign a contract and agree to a strict code of conduct.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
The question is, could you abide by their code of conduct?

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I bet most of them will just say, "Fuck it. I'm going to keep washing my hair in the toilet at Starbucks."

oobie

-bZ- Member
I am trying to decide if this is the same as just letting people set up a tent city or a shanty town, or a step above. maybe they could mark the location on maps for tourists.

just offer them bus tickets to get the hell out of Cali, but thats just my 2 cents.

vetusvir

-bZ- CubaLike Forums Whore!
-bZ- Member
dose cube allow kid's? if so I'm moving in with the kids. if not then the kids will move in. ether way I'm good =]]

BIGWILL

-bZ- Member
Donator
lol i dunno , theres already a pile of unclaimed kids there, i doubt if anymore would hurt :lol:

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
As long as they don't mind shitting their pants, they would do fine there.