Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

M&P Shield

For those who are not aware, there is a pretty big sale on M&P Shields. The dealer price is in the low $300's and then there is a $75 mail in rebate. Kentucky Gun Co is the cheapest I've seen at $325 with free shipping. After the rebate that puts it at $250.

And if you are not aware, Viridian makes a fine laser sight for this gun. The R5 Reactor is what I have on my Shield. It comes with a holster that will turn the laser on and off as it is drawn and holstered. Pretty good for self defense. The R5 typically runs around %150, but I've seen it as low as $120.

Skullbones

-bZ- Member
Donator
Viridian makes pretty good laser's that work with a lot of diff firearms, have not had any problems with the laser on/off holsters, my rugar .380 with laser holster, is an outstanding 'belly' gun at close range 7-12 ft.

Is this worth purchasing if I wouldn't be carrying?

For that price, absolutely. Up until recently, the shield has been going for $400 - $500, depending on the mood in the country at any given time. It's not small, like an LCR or LCP and it's a lot more fun to shoot than an LCR or LCP. The only downside would be the sights, which I believe are only 3 dot. But you can shop for a model with night sights and still get the rebates. Here are the models. Select Shield in the series drop down.

Wife and I have one, great gun for the price. My sister carries a m&p 9c daily. Wife and I both carry everyday, hers a G26, I carry a G23. Just personal preference.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Great deal for a great gun. It fits inside a pocket without looking too obvious.

I have the M&Pc, it's pretty nice. Got it over a decade ago so I can't remember what I paid for it, I have the receipt somewhere...

It's a good lil feller.

Nice, but I’m an FN guy. Early Christmas present with a 509 CC Edge compact and Triji SRO. :D

those are nice. i have a shield plus as well. its a bit small. this is my usual conceal carry.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
have any of you guys ever had to pull your weapon out or had to fire in self defense ?
I had to pull mine 3 times since i got my concealed permit in 2004 and one of those three times i had to fire it

I used to carry a Glock 19 but in 2015 switched to a Glock 20 SF

Attachments

• Glock-20-SF.jpg
    Glock-20-SF.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

TwinGunsLLP

Donator
have any of you guys ever had to pull your weapon out or had to fire in self defense ?

I had to pull mine 3 times since i got my concealed permit in 2004 and one of those three times i had to fire it
Luckily no and I hope that never changes. I've carried nearly every day for over 20 years as well.