Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Metro

Do you want Locker back?

• Total voters
The server has seen very noticable reduced population since taking Locker out of the rotation. As much as I hate saying this, because I absolutely hate locker, it might be best to go back to the way the server was. Thoughts?

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
For the last 6 months or so, a group of us have been lobbying to have the Metro server map Lockers changed to something else. We brought it up on the team meetings several times. I did not hear more than one person who was opposed to the change. The last meeting were able to convince Banzore to switch maps. Feedback on the map change has been mixed. Some say they like and some say they don't Since I play the server every day for several hours I can attest that the population of the server has not changed. If it has however, I would like to see metrics that are related to the map change, and not folks going back to school in the fall, or just BF4 wearing out. It's too bad that during the banzore meetings there were so many that were for the change, and very few that were against it. Besides, changing back to lockers seems like a moot point since many of us will bill playing BF V in a about 6 weeks anyway unless the release date gets pushed back again.

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
On another note. It also appears to me that the map change from Lockers to Lumphini Gardens may be unpopular with some of the BF4 admins. While the uncap areas in the Lockers map may have been easier for the admins to enforce, there seems to be some confusion as to where the actual "boundaries" are in Lumphini, especially when we are seeding the server and we have less than 12 on each team. If we are going to lose admins on the metro server I think it would have a detrimental impact on the number of folks who play on our server. I believe players on our server generally recognize and appreciate the diligence our admins show at keeping the sanity.

SID-328

-bZ- Member
I'm neutral on what maps are in rotation. I can't remember who brought it up in game and during the last meeting but swapping out one map every so often is a cool idea. For now I'll vote no in this poll since change is good.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
It's never a bad idea. You can always go back.

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
From my understanding from some peeps, and I asked them directly, is the reason they liked Locker was for the high kill rates they can rack up especially when they could hold the entire team behind the last cap point while Lumphini that is just not possible and you can see that in the scores. Lockers kill scores normally exceeded 80+ kills while Lumphini is holding those players at 30 or less. Personally I enjoy the game of flag capture and squad playing not sitting back and plinking down the enemy who is trapped in their spawn, we already have that scenario many times over on Metro.

i know the bf4 days are unfortunately dwindling upon the new cod release and impending bf5, but i was wondering if it was possible to set the server to reset at say 4am back to metro and keep on metro until the player population reaches more than 24 total? may be easier to seed since the map is more playable at low numbers or the other maps. even though id want to play any other map on IO more than metro with more than 30 people

bothesenuts

-bZ- Member
i know the bf4 days are unfortunately dwindling upon the new cod release and impending bf5, but i was wondering if it was possible to set the server to reset at say 4am back to metro and keep on metro until the player population reaches more than 24 total? may be easier to seed since the map is more playable at low numbers or the other maps. even though id want to play any other map on IO more than metro with more than 30 people
We switched it back to locker on Saturday night to see if it woul help sever population at all. I do not know if what you are suggesting is actually possible.

SID-328

-bZ- Member
Bringing Locker back definitely made a good impact on numbers from what I seen nightly. Things are starting to feel like they're slowing down though with the release of other games; BF5 is official today right?
The numbers seem to struggle until late into the night (for me, I'm on the far east coast so my play time is cut short. I miss living in the EST)