Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Microsoft Copilot

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
The dear folks at Microsoft decided to roll out their AI called Copilot.

It will fuck up your computer in multiple ways.

1. It increases your boot time as it loads itself into RAM.
2. It fucking dominates your RAM.
3. The goddamned thing even uses the free RAM in your video card.

You can't remove it. All you can do is disable it.

This is the most effective method I've seen so far:

To remove Copilot using the Registry Editor, you can use any edition of Windows 11. The Registry Editor is a tool that allows you to view and modify the registry, which is a database that stores information about your system and applications. To access the Registry Editor, type regedit in the Start menu or the Run command and hit Enter. Then, navigate to the following key using the left panel: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced. On the right-side pane, right-click on an empty space and select ‘New > DWORD (32-bit) Value’. Name it ‘ShowCopilotButton’ and set its value data to 0. Then, click ‘OK’. This will hide the Copilot button from the taskbar and disable its functionality.

Reboot after doing the above and the change will take effect.

-bZ-CrossEyedPilot

-bZ- Member
Donator
The dear folks at Microsoft decided to roll out their AI called Copilot.

It will fuck up your computer in multiple ways.

1. It increases your boot time as it loads itself into RAM.
2. It fucking dominates your RAM.
3. The goddamned thing even uses the free RAM in your video card.

You can't remove it. All you can do is disable it.

This is the most effective method I've seen so far:

To remove Copilot using the Registry Editor, you can use any edition of Windows 11. The Registry Editor is a tool that allows you to view and modify the registry, which is a database that stores information about your system and applications. To access the Registry Editor, type regedit in the Start menu or the Run command and hit Enter. Then, navigate to the following key using the left panel: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced. On the right-side pane, right-click on an empty space and select ‘New > DWORD (32-bit) Value’. Name it ‘ShowCopilotButton’ and set its value data to 0. Then, click ‘OK’. This will hide the Copilot button from the taskbar and disable its functionality.

Reboot after doing the above and the change will take effect.
I recently built a super pc with windows 11 and even bf4 lags like crazy! Maybe copilot was the problem all along. I've tried everything to make the lagging stop but it still does! I’ll give your suggestion a try!

Thanks a lot Trang!

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I use Windows 11 and it runs fine.

Some will know this....a lot will not.....

On stuttering alone I found out every GPU with HDMI in it causes stuttering if left ON and NOT USED.....Long story short because HDMI has a data link its waiting on a response for the audio device even when nothing is plugged in to the HDMI port...On my PC I am only using 2 of the display ports on my 3080 and it got rid of a fuck ton of stutter to the point I no longer want to upgrade CPU's.......This applies to every card with HDMI ports regardless of 3rd party PCB makers or if from NgreedyA, intel or AMD......If you are NOT using HDMI audio, you need to disable all HDMI options for sound in DEVICE MANAGER.....Real world it comes back to the HDMI standard and the cheap audio chip that are put on every board with a HDMI port to give the HDMI sound options.....

Oh and for the noobs.....Fuck paying for windows keys......Use the link below and follow the instructions to "legally" activate anything made by MS including copies of office, server and version of OS's.....

For me I use the Https option and it works every time....Been putting this on customer builds for at least 5 years now without any issues or complaints about it popping as a pirated copy of windows....

Some will know this....a lot will not.....

On stuttering alone I found out every GPU with HDMI in it causes stuttering if left ON and NOT USED.....Long story short because HDMI has a data link its waiting on a response for the audio device even when nothing is plugged in to the HDMI port...On my PC I am only using 2 of the display ports on my 3080 and it got rid of a fuck ton of stutter to the point I no longer want to upgrade CPU's.......This applies to every card with HDMI ports regardless of 3rd party PCB makers or if from NgreedyA, intel or AMD......If you are NOT using HDMI audio, you need to disable all HDMI options for sound in DEVICE MANAGER.....Real world it comes back to the HDMI standard and the cheap audio chip that are put on every board with a HDMI port to give the HDMI sound options.....

Oh and for the noobs.....Fuck paying for windows keys......Use the link below and follow the instructions to "legally" activate anything made by MS including copies of office, server and version of OS's.....

For me I use the Https option and it works every time....Been putting this on customer builds for at least 5 years now without any issues or complaints about it popping as a pirated copy of windows....
Does that mean if I am using a USB headset I should do this?

YES disable it....you are not using HDMI audio with a USB headset....it has its own sound card in the USB part of the connection.......

EZ way to get to device manager.....search DEVICE in windows search bar.....it will be at the top of the list.....when you open device manager it can be in 2 places.....AUDIO INPUTS AND OUTPUTS or SOUND VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS........if running a NgreedyA GPU it will say NgreedyA HDMI audio driver......I do not know what it will say for intel or AMD GPU's.....I would google the card model umber with HDMI driver behind it to see what i find.......when you find the driver right click it and select disable and then restart PC