Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

My BanZone Experiance

I followed a friend of mine onto Banzone this evening. Started playing and we were having fun. No one was working as a team, and it was a little too snipey, but we were still having some fun. Then the vote next map came up. No instructions. It looked different from the other servers i have played on. After a few failed attempts at voting, I asked in global. Then I got the usual prickish responsed from the pimply teens...alt+f4...suck my dick.....vote for ya momma....etc.

So, then I asked a BZ member...Vetus or something. No reply. Just like to say i'm disappointed at the lack of hospitality among your regs and members of your server.  The previous clans that I have been a part of would always try to welcome the new players and noobs, since they might be the future of your server. Just a little to think about.

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
sorry to hear that.

if you get on again, please let us know.

We always like to be friendly and hospitable.

Well usually we are very nice to our pubbers, vetus either didnt see or was afk, cant really hold that against him. As far as the pubbers you cant really be disappointed in us for a bunch of 16 year old pubbers, personally i would love to back hand them on the spot, but its the internet and we just have to learn to deal with kids like that. As far as the plugin yes it might be different it is a bit newer than the procon plugins, there is several reasons for using the newer one which I wont get into to. However. Just because it is new to you does not mean there is no instructions, you just failed to read the instructions, this is posted from the logs

2014-05-29 05:43:34 - Chat Server to all: To vote for a map type its number into the chat NO (!) OR (/) JUST THE NUMBER 2014-05-29 05:43:29 - Chat Server to all: t0rt0ize has ended DrMindController's kill streak at 7 kills! Get Shit on! 2014-05-29 05:43:29 - KillStreak t0rt0ize has ended DrMindController's kill streak at 7 kills! Get Shit on! 2014-05-29 05:43:26 - Chat DirtyJ8ck to all: f 2014-05-29 05:43:24 - Chat Server to all: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 2014-05-29 05:43:24 - Chat Server to all: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 2014-05-29 05:43:24 - Chat Server to all: %%%%%% VOTE NEXT MAP %%%%%% 2014-05-29 05:43:24 - Chat Server to all: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 2014-05-29 05:43:24 - Chat Server to all: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 2014-05-29 05:43:24 - Votemap Vote started

All in all I am sorry that you had a bad experience in the server, and i do appreciate you coming on here and letting us know about your experience. one thing I do ask, (no sarcasm) what are WE do wrong and what could we do better. Those are always good inputs to grow off of.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Sorry, EZfrag, but you just described everything wrong with the internet. I've been gaming online now for over 10 years and have seen and heard all kinds of ridiculous shit. I've probably even been a little guilty here and there for some of it myself.

As for vetus not responding to your chat, I'm really not surprised. It's not his job to monitor all the nonsense you just described, in the hopes that he might spot a legitimate request or question. I'm an admin, and I almost TRY and avoid looking at all that crap. I literally cringe when I have to see the typed words "pew pew" and "noob". I just threw up a little bit in my mouth just now! We admin the server for hackers and griefers. We are not babysitters. 

Now, maybe it's a fair thing to visit our server and paint all of us with a very wide brush and assume that we are responsible for every action or inaction that does or does not take place on our server. After all, we scrape together the funding for our various game servers, TeamSpeak, website, and other endeavors just so that we have a fun and hack-free place to play with our friends. Online gaming is a 24/7 experience, something we're not all equipped to do. We can always use help.

But I can assure you that we do not paint everybody that visits our server with the same brush, even if they come to our forums and give us "Just a little to think about."

So, as my most hospitable friends rightly said above me, sorry you had a bad experience. The internet can be a tough place sometimes, and I'm glad you got through it and found our forums. Next time, consider phrasing your insults as a question. Something along the lines of, "How do I use the voting system?", or "How do I contact an admin in game?" (FYI - we would almost always tell you to go to teamspeak. We almost always have an admin on there that can help, and he doesn't have to sift through the chat garbage to do it.)

Anyway, feel free to stop by anytime you feel you've been wronged. We'd love to hear from you!

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
Cr8z/Jackson, I'd be willing to assist with admin responsibilities.  I'm not online as often as some, but I'm asked for assistance almost daily.  Let me know if it'd help.

vetusvir

-bZ- CubaLike Forums Whore!
-bZ- Member
sorry i missed the chat dude. i always try and answer everyones need and yes i do miss some. like it was said before i don't watch  the chat because i'm playing and i do get tired of the hacker or hax being posted there. some of the more crap players think that if you kill them your hacking. if thats the case then everyone is a hacker because i know i do suck and i get killed alot. again sorry i missed you and hope you can back and have some fun on banzore. good luck and happy gaming.     

Last edited by a moderator:

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
And I'll apologize for being a little snarky, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine to have some random come in and tell us how they think we should run our server. I can't stand it.