Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Pings >100

I'm just interested in the admins' (and everyone's) thoughts on the current ping limits of these servers. We occasionally get players from Jupiter dancing on our corpses before we even know what hits us. I understand tightening these limits would restrict playerbase and, for a game this old, could adversely affect traffic.

Any thoughts of a <100 ping server? Maybe even a whitelisted (HC) one for some real accountability?

Last edited:

SID-328

-bZ- Member
Someone else will probably link it and I'm sure the limit is the same or very similar on all bZ servers:

Basically the limit is at a level that keeps the servers alive. Any higher or lower would reduce population. Be it more high pingers being unable to play or more local players not wanting to play. Sometimes it sucks but it's reasonable where it is at.

moose004

-bZ- Member
Donator
BZ#4 (the 24/7 Locker) gets a LOT of folks in the 150-199 ping range especially, but not exclusively, in US off-hours. Lowering the ping limit to 150 might improve play but it'd also cut up to a third or more of the pop off the server outside of US primetime and I guess the other servers that stay full all the time would be the same way.

Let's talk about them single digit low pingers and how they have an advantage over those who's ping is around 60.

Let's not forget about these people too now.

I've seen pings as low as 2. Even some with a ping of 1, must be in the server room or something

200 ping cap is fine.