Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Please Revive BZ11

why is it ALMOST every hardcore enthusiast I come across insists on talking shit about normal mode? It's like their mouth's an asshole with all the shit about normal mode spewing from it.

Is it REALLY that hard for the HC folks to just appreciate that we ALL like BF4, no matter what mode we prefer? You hardcore folks don't care for normal. Cool. Us normal mode folks don't care for HC. Cool. We both enjoy the game, and there's still so much in common between the 2 modes that it shouldn't matter which one we prefer.

Is acceptance too much to ask for? You never see us normies talking shit about HC, it's ALWAYS the other way around.
At least on my part it's mostly just light-hearted teasing. I don't care for normal mode but I'm not offended by others playing it and I can absolutely acknowledge that it takes a different - and in some ways superior - skill set to play it effectively. Part of the reason I don't like it is that it feels like you are very much pigeon-holed into using a certain loadout on certain classes and that is boring to me. In hardcore every gun and loadout combination is effective in the right situations and even in the wrong situations you can still come out on top if you manage to get the jump on your opponent. If you start shooting someone first with the SAR-21 in hardcore, even in close range, you will probably win whereas in my experience it is entirely possible for someone in softcore to spin around and unload their high rate of fire death machine on you and come out victorious because of their high ( or is it low? I'm not good at math ) time-to-kill ratio.

I get bored using the same guns all the time. In softcore, where the "meta" is very rigid and favors high ROF guns, I am not able to switch my guns around as much as I'd like to. Hardcore on the other hand allows me to switch from a high ROF death machine to something more methodical and still maintain a similar performance level. Also shotguns. BF4 hardcore is the only game I have played where shotguns don't feel completely worthless at anything other than spitting distance. Shotguns are cool and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I get bored using the same guns all the time. In softcore, where the "meta" is very rigid and favors high ROF guns, I am not able to switch my guns around as much as I'd like to. Hardcore on the other hand allows me to switch from a high ROF death machine to something more methodical and still maintain a similar performance level. Also shotguns. BF4 hardcore is the only game I have played where shotguns don't feel completely worthless at anything other than spitting distance. Shotguns are cool and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

This. The only weapon that I don't like (but use anyway) is the .44 revolver. In BF4 HC you can use it as a sniper rifle at moderate range and that's utterly absurd. The recoil is ridiculous in real life and much past 75 to 100 feet it's sketchy on accuracy. In BF4 it's a sniper rifle.

In softcore you're spot on that rate of fire is what it's all about. M249 FTW.

This. The only weapon that I don't like (but use anyway) is the .44 revolver. In BF4 HC you can use it as a sniper rifle at moderate range and that's utterly absurd. The recoil is ridiculous in real life and much past 75 to 100 feet it's sketchy on accuracy. In BF4 it's a sniper rifle.

In softcore you're spot on that rate of fire is what it's all about. M249 FTW.
I have no personal experience with .44 Magnum or any powerful handgun cartridges beyond .357 Magnum but don't people hunt with .44 Magnum revolvers? I'm sure they aren't dropping 200 yard shots on deer with them but 50-100 yards might be plausible I would think. That's 150-300 feet right there.

Slicknicklol

Donator
-bZ- Recruit
Hell, I played BF for damned near twenty years before I tried hardcore on BZ. It's just a preference.

Partly because I find it unrealistic that a center mass shot with a .50 merely does 'damage' in regular play.
I hate that, bro can pick a fight in a vehicle, start to lose, drive away for long enough to heal, then re attack. I like my enemies to take damage, and have to repair.

I first played "hardcore" in BC2 because it felt more like the regular Battlefield I remembered from BF1942 and BFV. Softcore just felt off to me. I did not play BF2 until after BC2 and never played 2142 so I can't really comment on how their experience felt compared to hardcore mode in BC2, BF3, and BF4.
Hardcore is a trash game mode, normal is much better.