Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Potential Server Closures (bZ #8 EU Lockers, bZ #10 HC Mixed Mode)

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
With 2042 out and BF4 population down a good bit (and donations starting to drop off) we've been trimming some fat to ensure the longevity of bZ's BF4 servers. We have a few problematic servers at risk of being shut down:

bZ #8 EU 24/7 Locker has a very healthy population and is the most popular server hosted in the EU...but it is not pulling its weight in terms of donations. In the past 60 days only 3 donors have played on that server. If donations don't pick up on it we may choose to shut it down to ensure donations are being spent on servers where VIPs play, thus not wasting donations on servers that donors don't care about.

bZ #10 HC Mixed Mode is struggling with players. It has not fully populated in over a month and while I know we have many VIPs who enjoy it, there's no point in keeping it going if we can't populate it. I've made some adjustments to the map rotations to help it fill up hopefully but if that doesn't work we'll probably shut it down in about another week.

bZ #9, 15, and 16 are potentially the next on the list to get cut but they are safe for now as they are just barely supporting themselves.

Raw stats used to make these decisions for anyone interested:

Code:
+---------------------------------+----------------------+
| ServerName                      | VIPs Played Past 60d |
| bZ1  HARDCORE ALL MAPS          |                   78 |
| bZ2 METRO/LOCKER/PEARL HARDCORE |                   63 |
| bZ3 VANILLA MAPS                |                   27 |
| bZ4 90HZ LOCKER NO RULES        |                   28 |
| bZ5 TDM HARDCORE                |                   33 |
| bZ6 ALL MAPS + DLC              |                   33 |
| bZ7 RUSH HARDCORE               |                   34 |
| bZ8 60HZ LOCKER                 |                    3 |
| bZ9 HARDCORE ALL MAPS           |                    8 |
| bZ10 HARDCORE MIXED MODE        |                   12 |
| bZ11 60HZ SIEGE 24/7            |                   24 |
| bZ12 RUSH                       |                   17 |
| bZ13 TDM TEAM DEATH MATCH       |                   16 |
| bZ1.5  HARDCORE VANILLA MAPS    |                   23 |
| bZ15 VANILLA MAPS               |                   10 |
| bZ16 ALL MAPS + DLC             |                   10 |
| bZ24 HARDCORE SIEGE 24/7        |                   16 |

-bZ-Brian-wav

-bZ- Member
Glad to see #5 is still active in VIP dono stats.

I hope to not hear of #5 going away, thats my home, 200+ hours of game play there lol

With 2042 out and BF4 population down a good bit (and donations starting to drop off) we've been trimming some fat to ensure the longevity of bZ's BF4 servers. We have a few problematic servers at risk of being shut down:

bZ #8 EU 24/7 Locker has a very healthy population and is the most popular server hosted in the EU...but it is not pulling its weight in terms of donations. In the past 60 days only 3 donors have played on that server. If donations don't pick up on it we may choose to shut it down to ensure donations are being spent on servers where VIPs play, thus not wasting donations on servers that donors don't care about.

bZ #10 HC Mixed Mode is struggling with players. It has not fully populated in over a month and while I know we have many VIPs who enjoy it, there's no point in keeping it going if we can't populate it. I've made some adjustments to the map rotations to help it fill up hopefully but if that doesn't work we'll probably shut it down in about another week.

bZ #9, 15, and 16 are potentially the next on the list to get cut but they are safe for now as they are just barely supporting themselves.

Raw stats used to make these decisions for anyone interested:

Code:
| ServerName                      | VIPs Played Past 60d |
| bZ1  HARDCORE ALL MAPS          |                   78 |
| bZ2 METRO/LOCKER/PEARL HARDCORE |                   63 |
| bZ3 VANILLA MAPS                |                   27 |
| bZ4 90HZ LOCKER NO RULES        |                   28 |
| bZ5 TDM HARDCORE                |                   33 |
| bZ6 ALL MAPS + DLC              |                   33 |
| bZ7 RUSH HARDCORE               |                   34 |
| bZ8 60HZ LOCKER                 |                    3 |
| bZ9 HARDCORE ALL MAPS           |                    8 |
| bZ10 HARDCORE MIXED MODE        |                   12 |
| bZ11 60HZ SIEGE 24/7            |                   24 |
| bZ12 RUSH                       |                   17 |
| bZ13 TDM TEAM DEATH MATCH       |                   16 |
| bZ1.5  HARDCORE VANILLA MAPS    |                   23 |
| bZ15 VANILLA MAPS               |                   10 |
| bZ16 ALL MAPS + DLC             |                   10 |
| bZ24 HARDCORE SIEGE 24/7        |                   16 |
Thanks for 'managing'. It would be sad to see 'my personal favorite' have to go. Not on the chopping block yet, but certainly understand in order to survive, it is: 'management of the fittest'. I was sorely disappointed my last two BF purchases (after BF4) and simply refuse to spend on 2042 at this time based on friends feedback. Made me very happy when I found banzore servers and will support best I can while I can. Love BF4, love your platform for support thereof. Thanks again!

Motorcharge

-bZ- Member
Donator
Shame 10 died off so heavily, there's not many servers left with some of those game modes in general.

Any possibility of the VIP cost coming back down to $5 if we're getting rid of numerous servers? I understood raising it when the game saw a few months of spiked player count, but that's kind of died off, as have the need for so many servers it looks like. I'd re-up premium for $5, but $10 is kind of hard to justify for a decade old FPS. I know I'm not the only person that's dropped donor since it went up to $10.

Shame 10 died off so heavily, there's not many servers left with some of those game modes in general.

Any possibility of the VIP cost coming back down to $5 if we're getting rid of numerous servers? I understood raising it when the game saw a few months of spiked player count, but that's kind of died off, as have the need for so many servers it looks like. I'd re-up premium for $5, but $10 is kind of hard to justify for a decade old FPS. I know I'm not the only person that's dropped donor since it went up to $10.
From what I've seen there's not *any* servers with those modes on. its a damn shame but I understand

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
#10 is not gone for good. It's offline right now as there's no sense in putting players in there when it simply won't fill consistently so we'd rather people find our other servers, or even other servers in general before joining a mostly-empty server.

We're evaluating ideas to get it to populate better such as starting it was a CQL server and once full adding some other modes, etc. just not sure on our exact plan yet.