Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Project CARS...

willister

-bZ- Member
Probably gonna pick it up soon. I was a "team member" during development due to donating like 4-5 years back and they gave me a 50% off coupon for the retail game. Didn't realize they were gonna take away the non-retail build from my steam library lol

Fun game though. Awesome if you have a wheel setup. I used to love hauling ass through the Nurburgring (Nordschleife in PCars) in the Lotus 72 and 78. Hell, I remember when that map didn't even have a sky box yet!

goonie

-bZ- Member
Nice!  Yeah I just got it and loving it.

my steam id is gooniem3spd

can we get a project cars channel in TS   :D

Last edited by a moderator:

willister

-bZ- Member
I use a 360 controller now which is ok if you take the time to reconfigure the controls (default setup is TERRIBLE). Ended up selling my G27 because it was super uncomfortable with my current desk so I stopped using it.. But yeah, using a wheel is way nicer than a controller and don't even bother trying with a keyboard :p

Edit: Since I lost my non-retail build (and reformatted before that so my config file is gone too..) I don't have my controller settings, but the settings from comments on this page look similar, info copied below. I think I ran lower throttle/brake sensitivity and brake deadzone, but play around with it and see what works for you. Lower sensitivity will be more controllable/featherable and won't simulate smashing the pedal like it will at 100. 

Throttle Deadzone: 0%

Throttle Sensitivity: 30%

Brake Deadzone: 10%

Brake Sensitivity: 15%

Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 50% (you should try different values to see what you like best). A higher value means smoother (less twitchy) steering but it can cause input lag.

Steering Deadzone: 5-10% (it depends on how worn your left stick is, 5% seems fine to me)

Steering Sensitivity: 0

Speed Sensitivity: 60-65% (this setting allows for small corrections, it basically makes the wheel less sensitive, especially on the straights)

Last edited by a moderator: