Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Racism rules and their enforcement

Hey everyone!

I've had some issues recently on the bZ9 server. Multiple users with well-known dog whistles in their names (i.e. "1488" and the like) kept using racial slurs, which is annoying and insulting, but nothing I didn't get (more or less) used to in over 20 years of gaming. I initiated a report, which received lukewarm reactions and perhaps two or three votes. However, when my fellow players arrived to the timeless topic of "say what you will, Hitler was a great man", I mentioned it to them that I am of Jewish descent, and that I still remember my grandfather who had no nails, so I'd appreciate it if they stopped immediately. From there on out, the playerbase reacted with unapologetic bullying. After a while, I turned off chat, but the session was soured for me and I soon logged off.

I was much too upset to take screenshots at the time, but my primary issue is not with the punishment of these particular players in the first place. Rather, I'd love to see some sort of acknowledgement from the admin team that they stand firmly against such behaviour. I lay no blame at your feet, but I implore you to do the responsible thing and perhaps clarify the extent of your disapproval towards the player base in general.

How you handle this issue is entirely up to you, of course. I just hope you make the right call. I enjoyed playing on your servers, and would like to do so again if I could feel reasonably safe.

Sincerely,

a neurodivergent jewish gamer who's had more than enough.

Last edited:

RogaineFoam

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Howdy, thanks for filing a report on the forum, I'll take a look soon. To answer your above questions/concerns:

A lot of the admins work full-time jobs as we are all volunteers! So sometimes responses are a bit slow in the morning/early afternoon. I do not believe we need to clarify that BF4 and the internet overall is a toxic place, as people find it easier to say things they would not in person. Most people who log in to multiplayer settings understand there will be an elevated level of overall toxicity and shitty people, but there of course should be a line drawn somewhere for certain behavior.

We cannot police the chat while we are working our full-time jobs, and we cannot be on all 25 servers at once! If you look through previous reports on racism/toxicity I think you will find the answers you are looking for in regards to our stance on those issues.

Just as traffic police cannot ensure your safety on the roads, we cannot ensure you will not get offended on our servers. In a similar comparison, when we see shit we do shit.