Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Do you already have a switch? How many devices are hardwired? 

YoshiBishi

-bZ- Code Monkey
Donator
Edgerouter PoE if you plan on powering your Unifi AP off of it, otherwise the Lite is a great option.  I've deployed the PoE in over 80 offices and have ran it at home before.

I'm assuming a Cisco ASR920 is out of the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
Do you already have a switch? How many devices are hardwired? 

I have 1 switch right now that is gigabit.

I have 4 port  off my Asus with 2 going to my gaming pc and 2 going to my NAS and Sprint Airrave...

I really want the POE but my biggest BEEF with it is the lack of ports.

So I was thinking of buying the LITE for downstairs and use my gigabit 8 port upstairs...

I do have a question Yoshi...

if I bought the LITE and used it with a X upstairs...could I see both of them through the UI?

I think that would be pretty cool from a UI perspective...

Last edited by a moderator:

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
Edgerouter PoE if you plan on powering your Unifi AP off of it, otherwise the Lite is a great option.  I've deployed the PoE in over 80 offices and have ran it at home before.

I'm assuming a Cisco ASR920 is out of the question.

If I had money for a Cisco ASR I would have went a totally diff route...

Let me know what you think of the LITE solo or the LITE with an X upsatirs...

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Linksys WRT1900AC V1 with OpenWRT. Works well for my small townhouse and needs. I gotta say some of the new Asus and Netgear 3200 routers look nice with 600mb/s on the 2.4Ghz band.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I have 1 switch right now that is gigabit.

I have 4 port  off my Asus with 2 going to my gaming pc and 2 going to my NAS and Sprint Airrave...

I really want the POE but my biggies BEEF with it is the lack of ports.

So I was thinking of buying the LITE for downstairs and use my gigabit 8 port upstairs...

I do have a question Yoshi...

if I bought the LITE and used it with a X upstairs...could I see both of them through the UI?

I think that would be pretty cool from a UI perspective...

I'm not sure why you have two ports going to your rig and two going to your NAS, or even how you're doing it, but I would just add a hub or a switch to the mix, depending on your needs for your hardwired accessories. I can't imagine that you would lose out on too much bandwidth for what you need.

I can't speak for Yoshi, but I would think that you would definitely see something on the UI if it were ported through the LITE. 

I currently run the ASUS RT-N66U, and it's pretty good, has been very reliable for hardwired devices, and only recently really started causing me issues with my wireless. I just updated the firmware, and I'm wondering if it has some issues talking with my surfboard modem.

Nevertheless, I've been contemplating some enterprise solutions such that I've seen here, and would be very interested in some suggestions.

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
I am going to buy the LITE and the EDGE X router... unless someone talks me out of it...

the demand is so much that I have to shop around to get the normal price for these 2 items. (one is 59 and one is 89 normally)

now to find out how to get them shipped to me without my wife knowing....

YoshiBishi

-bZ- Code Monkey
Donator
Why are you buying 2 routers?  You only need 1 router and 1 switch.  The UIs are independent, you would connect to them on their management IP.

YoshiBishi

-bZ- Code Monkey
Donator
Unifi Switch is pretty good, it is a different line of products than the Edgemax though, different OS.