Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Sometimes it seems my bullets bounce off ...

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
Everyone/anyone. I'm sure that we have had days where we were playing BF4 and it appears almost impossible to kill someone. Then, another time you'll be playing and you can't seem to miss, and you are able to beat just about everyone to the punch.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed this while they are playing at times.

I'm not talking about just being in the right place at the right time, which can be beneficial. And, I'm not talking about just having a sucky game. I mean when you are facing someone and you almost always get off your shots first.

Any telecommunication engineers out there who could explain a possible "really good" temporary connection, or just a shitty one that might be the culprit?

bro, the internet is soo dynamic ( and your latency shows this )

congestion levels are ALWAYS changing every second of every minute of every hour of every day.

as i said, your ping time easily shows you just how dynamic it is. you might have a super fast connection at your house, but once it leaves there, you have several factors affecting your "Smooth" connection at every city/county/state/regional/national/global level. everything data wise affects everything else data wise on the net as far as consistency is concerned.

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
Great explanation, cap star.

I live out in a rural area. When we first moved here we called the only internet available. It was a company that offered a WISP (wireless ISP) service. They installed an antenna that was pointed at a vertical antenna about 3/4 of a mile from my house. The service sucked ass. It was down often, and even though ping tests weren't too bad, it seemed like it did not want to pass much data. Service went way down at night and web sites were painfully slow to load. No customer service. When another company offered to run coax from the pole to my house I jumped at it and it's been 600% better than the other service. When we lived on the East coast we had Verizon FIOS (fiber to the house) and speeds were incredible. I'm not complaining but about 6 months after I got the new service my ping in the banzore servers runs around 50. Before that it was in the 20s but I don't see much difference.

Someone please explain the diff between ping and latency?

Harder.