Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Star Citizen

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
While I've seen things on this for a while now, it's never really piqued my interest. However, after viewing the following youtube, it's looking really interesting. Like a DayZ in space!

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
When it is "complete", it will be friggin' amazing.  It's going to be a persistent universe, so I'd imagine the game will never truly be "complete", but the idea of waking up on a planet, getting in my own cargo ship (that I currently own in the game) with a full load, taking off into space and delivering it to another planet, or even another solar system, sounds simply AWESOME.

IntrebuloN

-bZ- Member
I have it. Going to be a lot more involved than DayZ in space, but I guess that's the rough idea of it. Haven't really played it, waiting for official release before I get into it.

Arena Commander 2.0 is just around the corner which I think will add the FPS module and bring the PU online. I think multi-crew will be in this update as well.

Some of the capital ships will require multiple people to run them, from engineering and medical crew members to pilots and gunners.

It's also very well setup for clan play. Our spinup team for SCZ plan on establishing set roles for everyone. IE. Dedicated mining team, dedicated medical, dedicated transport and so on, working independently but towards the same goal of the overall group.

Should be quite rewarding for very organized groups.

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
Figured I'd bump this post.  The game has developed a bit more and you can now do some missions and other stuff.  It's still in Alpha, though.  The graphics are amazing, but it's stressing my i5 3570k and nearly maxing out my 8GB of ram.  It's fun flying around the planetary system currently available in a ship I own.  You can also get out of your ship whenever you want and fly around in your EVA suit.  I've been having fun with it since I downloaded it again yesterday.

I got my first few kills in space last night while using my Saitek x52 Pro HOTAS, and it was pretty damn awesome.  It took an hour or so to get familiar with all of the HOTAS fundamentals, but after some practice I can maneuver around pretty good.  The space flight sim aspect of the game is fairly robust.  It's no DCS A-10, but it isn't "basic" by any stretch of the imagination.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
Taffy and K2 are jamming on this. I'm on the fence until it turns into something other than a spaceship buying game.

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
It has A LOT of maturing to do. I still enjoy playing what's available so far. I recorded this video a couple of weeks ago. It's 30 minutes long, but skip to 27:00 for an interesting random encounter with another player while I was outside my ship looking for loot. Ramming him was a complete accident, even though it looked intentional.