Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Steam Sale - SquareEnix

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
There's a big sale on many Square games.  I just bought the entire Hitman series for $8.

The only FF game I played was VII.  Are there any other good Final Fantasy games I should try?

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
7 was the turning point for RPG's and made that genre relevant, so it's considered the "best" by typical gamers. 9 is considered the most polished for story/gameplay/etc. 8 is good as well, minus the story pissing some people off because a certain event happens that I won't spoil. If you want to kick it oldschool 1-2 are good, and 5 is as well. 10 (and 10-2) is considered to be the last retro turn based RPG in the series. Anything after is new age trash imo. The stories are usually solid across the board, so it really comes down to gameplay. (turn based or not)

I'm a fan of the older turn based RPG's (because let's be honest...that's what RPG's should be) so my opinion is probably somewhat biased. I own the entire collection so I can gives more details if needed on FF series...

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
7 was great because the story sucked you in.  You were emotionally invested in Cloud / Avalanche's mission.  And wanted to have sex with Aeris before she died.  But Tifa would do.  She had bigger tits.

Anyway.  I'll try 9 out if that's your suggestion.  I think I tried 8, but got bored of it.  Is that the one where you take a train from one place to another and go to some sort of school?  I may have dreamed that up.

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
I don't think 9 was converted to Steam. I play it on my PC using emulators. Not all the FF games have been ported. For some reason they're avoiding porting 9 over... yet they had no problem with 7,8,10,13,13-2... bastards

Last edited by a moderator:

Mesm

-bZ- Member
Donator
7 Was the best.  I'd pay 100 dollars for remake and 200 for special edition remake for the ps4.  8 Wasn't bad, ya the story was a little out there but once you push through things you can start to enjoy it some.  But 9 was best after 7, in fact I started playing it a little again when I'm too tired to get up from recliner.  But after that, I didn't care for any of the games besides 11(PC online) 

I beat 10 but hated it. 

Never finished 12, got too bored. 

Almost finished 13 but again, got bored of it and story.

I'm eagerly awaiting Final Fantasy XV as it reminds me bit of FF7.  Real hopeful it turns out good!

But if you have the wii, The Last Story was pretty good(Yes, it's more control base then motion controlled) but was a good story and game play.  Bit more fast pace and easier to sit there and grind your levels out but that was last game that had a FF 7-9 feel to it.

-bZ-wakuritz

-bZ- Member
Donator
I don't understand why they won't just remaster FF7.  That would likely be one of the highest grossing games ever.

Mesm

-bZ- Member
Donator
^ What you say be true!  I love it and still pull it out every so often but sadly, eventually the graphics get to me though.