Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

The Debatable Issue With Bolt Action Rifles

Popas13

-bZ- Member
This is the problem with our server settings as I see it, which is why I enjoy playing elsewhere as a Banzore member, while all of these non Banzore cats, get to enjoy our server.

I like hardcore. I like the no spotting, no automatic health regen, no 3rd person view, possibility of team kills, etc.

I hate the one shot killas.

We have standard issue rifles on our server, which rather than balance the playing field, makes it even worse. Now every kit can use a primary weapon which is a one shot kill. Which means rather than just snipers who have limited secondary weapons and tools, we have medics and assaults and supports, all with this one shot kill option.

I am not against one shot kills if they are headshots. However, these bolt actions are deadly with any hit, in any part of the body, at any range.

In BF1, headshots add 70 percent to the damage. So in our server, for me to kill a guy with one shot using any gun other than a bolt action, I have to do a headshot, while they can hit my big toe. My counter to those who say the bullets don't do enough damage, is learn to shoot! It is more difficult to perform headshots, requires far more skill, than shots anywhere. This problem with weapon damage is why Dice changed the damage to 125 in their hardcore.

Even worse, at 200 percent, some pistols are now one shot kills in any part of the body.

In comparison to the other editions of Battlefield, in hardcore, only snipers had this one shot kill option, unless they were headshots. Which was fine. To counter them, we had night vision, etc. No such thing exists in this game. In this game, in our server settings, a player MUST USE a bolt action rifle, or the select handguns that are one shot kills. Which means, our entire server is a sniper server.

Which is exactly what players are doing. 90 percent of my deaths are due to the one shot kill weapons being used by any class. This removes all other weapons as being a useable option.

Here is the solution that I recommend. Change the damage to 180 percent, and remove standard issue rifles. This will mean, all snipers will still be a one shot kill at any range at any part of the body. No other class will have this unless they are headshots, which will be a one shot kill with any weapon. None of the pistols will be one shot kills to the body. And this number will still allow other guns to be effective.

Look, I get it. I hear a lot of "pussy core" from you douchebags, and as a long time BF player I have always felt the exact same way. Until this game, which is just built different than the previous games. Do we want a server where the only effective weapon is a bolt action, which can be used in any class? I am telling you that I do not.

I FUCKING HATE IT.

I love the game. I enjoy spending time on teamspeak with you guys. I love me some Banzore. I dislike our server. And as far as I can tell, the only guys who truly love it are asshats who only care about their kdr and douchebags who aren't in Banzore to begin with. Let these suppa killa motherfuckers go somewhere else then, because I don't give a fuck. I want to have fun with my bros, and do cool shit together, not go play in other clan servers.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I just learned that 180 isn't an option. Dice allows for 100, 125, and 200. Which means, I will bend over and take this one right up the ass.

Last edited:

North

-bZ- Member
Donator
I really enjoy the bolt action rifles, the leading the target, the squinting my old eyes for movement,,. with that being said I agree with popas there isnt alot of diversity. It does seem to be a sniper server. I've always been a play your style type of person but I say give it a try. If the backlash is too much put em back in.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I picked up a bolt action to do some of these new unlocks and I had a blast again. Bolt action weapons is like a hot knife through butter. My kdr is somewhere around 5 using these weapons, and I just started using them. For example, from yesterday evening to around three o'clock today, I went from level 3 sniper to level 10. That easy. Then I switched to this medic rifle where I had to get 15 kills in one game, and hated it. It took me forever! This weapon is either a two shot killa or a three shot killa depending on some weird battlefield math that I can't figure. I just got it done around 1:30 am. That is the difference. This weapon was shit on the reload times, and only had five rounds. So when facing two people, most times I died. And having to shoot twice or thrice, got me killed so many times to a one shot weapon. That is the disparity I am talking about. These other weapons just don't add up in hardcore at 200 percent.
But we can't go to 180. That just isn't ever going to happen, since it isn't an option these days, and I'm not holding my breath on Dice to make such freedom of choice in the server settings. So it is what it is guys and gals. Our server is a bolt action server.
So is getting rid of standard rifles the solution of choice? Maybe.?. I would like to see the rifle nades for the medic unlocked, which is missing due to the standard rifles for some reason. I think they would impact the two infantry maps, and add some spice to the medic class. But is that the way to go here?
The reason for standard issue rifles being used, was to get rid of all of the snipers. I get the original thought. Everyone, including me, was saying there is nothing but snipers. But now there is nothing but snipers, times ten, because everyone who knows is using a sniper weapon regardless of class. I think it is worse. I see how we got to this point. But if you join in and follow the plan, it is fun. If you pick up a machine gun, might as well spray and pray off in a corner somewhere because you just can't compete on an equal playing field. That gewehr 98 is a quick loading German beast that will ruin the day of any guy without a one shot kill in his hand. To shoot first, hit first, and still lose, is a pain in the ass.