Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Tow Tutorial

I love it! Plus I'm in the video and I can see your point of view when I scared you.

I'm effective with tows when it's ground-to-air or air-to-ground, but as soon as I'm piloting a helicopter and trying to hit the enemy helicopter with a tow, I rarely hit, except the transport helicopter which is easier to hit. I've had some good nights where my air-to-air tows hit often, but in general I have a very low success rate.

Perhaps it's lack of practice, or poor sensitivity of my mouse, or that a detail escapes me, or just lack of skills with the heli...

Would it be possible for you to tell me what is the DPI of your mouse and the sensitivity that you have set in the Battlefield settings? I haven't found the one that suits me best yet. You are well placed to advise me on this.

Thanks!

xandease

Donator
800 dpi, and I think 20 percent vehicle sens. I just ran default sens since I started playing, and I never changed it from what I can remember. I think a big part of heli to heli tows is coordinating movement with aim. This isn’t something you have to worry about nearly as much in a LAV, for example.

One thing to think about is using the time between firing your tow and it arriving at your target to move and angle your heli in such a way that it allows you to adjust to and counter last second dodges. The entire flight time of the tow is there for you to prepare yourself to hit the shot. Similar to TVs, but preparing the tow means moving your heli correctly. You don’t have to perfectly track your target to hit it. You only need the tow to intersect as it arrives at your target

Last edited: