Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Uncap rule to Jets and Helis

Hello,

So, Im a Jet pilot in numoures offered maps. I know the rule does say that dont attack the uncapped base. However, there are some confusion. What is considered fair game if a jet leaves their runway? Is it fair game if i attack the jet as soon it launched out of the runway ( like the plane is no longer on the runway.) Or is this attack uncapped. I understand that spawn killing a jet is considering attack uncap. I did witness players complaining to me every now and then that i swoop around their base to check any jets has flown off and catch them by surprise as they take off. Is it considering attack uncap even when they left the runway in the air. Also i witness a player flying around in base and not attacking, is it fair game that I attack him because the jet is considered in air space? I would like to know by staff by a chance and no one elses opinion in the matter. So when i do play, ill follow up in the future.

RogaineFoam

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
You're correct that attacking the jet or helicopter would be considered uncap. I'll hope to clarify some of it, but every case is a little different and there are some gray areas for sure.

Some for-sure situations in which you can attack a player if theyre in uncap.
  • Player has fire a gun, weapon, or gadget (not including passives like a medbag or ammo box)
  • Player has left the infantry defined "redzone" (area you may not enter while on foot) and returned to it
  • ALL flags are held by your team (none in neutral state, owned but being capped by enemy is still fine)
Some situations where you may not
  • Player has yet to leave infantry defined redzone and has not fired shots
  • Vehicle has spawned in and has not left redzone
  • Vehicle is "taking off" and still within uncap
Some larger maps have huge airspace areas, which is where sometimes some confusion can be had. Something like conquest large Paracel storm has "uncap" area that is pretty massive for infantry, but you can fly in that space in jets. I'd say it would be best to only engage with aircraft or vehicles that have clearly left uncap, attacked, or are well on their way to the fight. Let me know if you have any other specific questions, thanks.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Ok so if the my team were to capture all the flags, i can attack the enemy base team is what i can do?
Previously it’s been explained as follows:

If you have the enemy team all-capped you can freely attack their base.

The second they start capping an objective(it’s blinking on the HUD) you should pull back.

When a point is neutralized, you’re no longer allowed to attack the uncap.

Are you back? My love <3

Like we said a year ago, move the strings from inside