Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

What is your favorite Anime?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
The state should not have the authority to execute its citizens, no matter how heinous the crime may be. One innocent person being executed is too many.

I have to disagree. There are some mutts who are just too dangerous to be allowed to live.

This one is an example:

He killed 77 people, mostly children. He single-handedly wiped out the next generation of Norway's leftist leadership. His crime was brilliant, well-planned, well-considered, and wildly successful. He was coldly logical about it and when he gets out of prison in another seven years or so I expect he'll kill again.

Executing this guy is not retaliatory it is preventative.

A truly civilized society will protect its children from monsters like this. And this guy is a monster because he is perfectly sane and rational in his abominable acts.

I have to disagree. There are some mutts who are just too dangerous to be allowed to live.

This one is an example:

He killed 77 people, mostly children. He single-handedly wiped out the next generation of Norway's leftist leadership. His crime was brilliant, well-planned, well-considered, and wildly successful. He was coldly logical about it and when he gets out of prison in another seven years or so I expect he'll kill again.

A truly civilized society will protect its children from monsters like this. And this guy is a monster because he is perfectly sane and rational in his abominable acts.
Wait all his victims had parents that were well-connected? I never knew that part.

This one is an example:

It's not about being retaliatory or not. It's about allowing the state to have the authority to execute its citizens. This is far too much power for the state to hold in my opinion. Due process is too easily abrogated to be a sufficient barrier to abuse in this case. Better to fully prohibit the state from being able to exercise such power in the first place lest they attempt to abuse it, and rest assured they will attempt to abuse it. The state consistently abuses its granted authority throughout history and there is no reason to suggest it will not do so again.

Furthermore, crimes are not about preventing actions. They are about punishing those who have committed prohibited actions. Their preventative aspect is merely a side-effect of their nature since humans will generally try to avoid negative consequences for their actions. Punishments for crimes have varied throughout history. They have ranged from fines and forfeitures of property to corporal punishment and summary executions. While any wrongful conviction is a miscarriage of justice the punishment of death is the most extreme and final of those which could conceivably be meted out. Death, however, is final and in the rare - but still occurring - case that someone is wrongfully convicted of a crime they did not commit then there is no possible way of redeeming the person who has met with the most final of punishments. Even someone who has been imprisoned for decades, or who has had their property and wealth forfeited can be given some form of recompense for their mistreatment. A dead man on the other hand can not.

Anders Behring Breivik is a monster, there is no doubt about this. His crime was a heinous one and he deserves to be punished for it. However killing him is not the solution. Instead simply imprison him for the rest of his life. This way he is both removed from society and punished for the crimes he committed, solving both the worry of his acting again ( which I think is likely ) and the issue of not granting the state the power to execute him.

You guys have to give a try to Vinland Saga, i have no enemies since then

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Wait all his victims had parents that were well-connected? I never knew that part.

The victims at the bomb site in Oslo were random.

Breivik set the bombs in Oslo to attract the police and they swarmed to Oslo like flies after shit. The cops often call this kind of thing "self responding" meaning they left their posts to go to where the action was. Sadly predictable.

That left the children at an elite-of-the-elite leftist leadership camp unguarded. He showed up and slaughtered them almost unopposed which is what he had planned.

The kids who survived are traumatized.

And in a country where government positions are handed down to children like a family heirloom he's beheaded the leftist leadership for the next twenty to forty years. Look for Norway to swing right before the end of this decade if it isn't already happening.

I vote in favor of talkn about how the state shouldn’t have the power to kill people. We aren’t talkn about how Private entities shouldn’t have that power…

If a private entity assigns itself that level of authority and monopoly of force then it's no different than the state. Whether you call your state the United States of America or Apple Corporation doesn't matter if the effect is the same.

The only justifiable use of lethal force is in defence of yourself or others in situations where a reasonable fear for the loss of your life or the lives of others is encountered.

Anime.

3XCrEEd

-bZ- Member
Currently it's Jujutsu Kaisen, but I always loved Naruto