Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

What should we do with the BF4 All Maps Server?

Vote for your favorite option for the All Maps Server.

• Total voters

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Should we do anything at all?

The server is getting pretty expensive to run, and it takes donations to run it. Without ample donations, we will have to either cut, reduce, or populate and get donations out of the server.

Is everybody happy with the current configuration? Is there any other kind of game mode, server size, or something else you would like to see?

I've listed a few options in the poll, but post here if you think I'm missing something, and I'll add it.

Post a vote for how you would like to see this server run.

If you would like to see a different poll option, post it here. I'll set it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

vetusvir

-bZ- CubaLike Forums Whore!
-bZ- Member
i say go to 32 player and change it to a  new mode. see how that works. i like defuse and CTF. give it a month and if it still sucks then 86 it.

Punk

Neurotic
-bZ- Member
Can't vote for whatever reason, but I vote for cutting the server down to 32 for the listed reasons.

oobie

-bZ- Member
The last week or so, I have gotten into doing the Commander thing. It's fun, but I keep seeing the same 5 or so fucking maps over and over...carrier assault, water, more water...what is the use of having all maps if it's the same handful over and over? 

I know, it's what is being voted for...and also what is available to players on half the servers out there right now. Just tired of them is all. 

Sorry to hear about your Metro.

willister

-bZ- Member
Fuck, I wrote like an essay and then voted and it's all gone now. Quick recap:

Player count: Conquest large is pretty damn boring without at least 40 active players. Reducing to a 32 man server will save us money and be easier to populate, but watch how lame it gets within the first week. It definitely works better on some maps vs others.

Game mode rotation: Without stats and data in front of me, I'd be willing to bet that majority of our players come to our server for Conquest. Even with a player count reduction, I can see this server staying somewhat popular if it just stays Conquest. I don't particularly enjoy the other modes and the one mode that I do enjoy (Rush) has been turned into utter garbage cause DICE is incompetent. If we do end up changing game modes I'll still help populate, but I won't be playing there anymore. I'll just stick to Metro/Lockers.

Carrier Assault: It's garbage and most of us agree on this. The rounds as a whole are too short, action is too fragmented, games usually come down to who gets boarded first due to how easy the boarding section of the game is, etc. I don't think anyone will be sad to see this removed.

Moving forward: This is a great time for us to experiment. We can try different modes, pull maps from rotation, whatever. But we need to do this with some haste. We can't spend weeks changing our server over and over, we'll lose our core audience to other servers that are already set. My personal view is that we should keep it Conquest only (MAYBE one other mode if we must) and pull some maps out of rotation, but that would be the only changes. I know some maps have been pulled already but I don't remember which. Anyway, I need to go do some work. I was about to sign off when I voted and accidentally deleted my wall of text earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what we did, took out a few maps that were considered "Garbage" such as altai range, dragon pass, metro, locker, lancing damn. also increased the vehicle spawn rate a tad.