Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

What's up with the lag on bZ1.5 lately?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
It's the fucking Russians. They're attacking everyone right now.

At my place it got so bad that our cowardly executives FINALLY allowed me to geo-block fucking Russia and China (where some of the traffic is being routed to circumvent geo-blocking)

If you want to block this shit then join MS-ISAC and get their list of IP addresses to block or just get CrowdStrike and let them isolate this shit for you as it comes up.

We used to have CrowdStrike and they were so good that we no longer had any problems. So our stupid fucking idiot managers decided that this meant there were no problems and they cancelled CrowdStrike. Now I'm back to doing this shit manually on the firewall.

seems like something whomever hosts the bZ servers needs to do. maybe they're not aware, but i'd be surprised if not. my company constantly monitors our cloud and network services for anomalies and shuts shit down when things look even remotely wonky

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I think bZ replaced servers not too long ago but bZ1.5 was not one of them. Is it time to do the same for 1.5?
1.5 is in a different datacenter than the rest. 1-6 are in central US whereas 1.5 and 11 are Eastern US. That being said, the upgrade was the CPU, the networking bandwidth should be near identical.

I usually get like 20-30 ping on mine which seems like it would be atlanta in relation to where im at, though recently ive been getting spikes upwards of 300-500 that last a few minutes.

It could be this guy LOL

I usually get like 20-30 ping on mine which seems like it would be atlanta in relation to where im at, though recently ive been getting spikes upwards of 300-500 that last a few minutes.
Yeah the server IP is public info and I looked them up. So, unless they're being spoofed for some reason, then they're Chicago and Atlanta

If you're talking time zones, sure, but Chicago is more Midwest and Atlanta Southern if you're talking culturally. Julian would have known that.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
If you're talking time zones, sure, but Chicago is more Midwest and Atlanta Southern if you're talking culturally. Julian would have known that.
Illinois is considered both midwest and central, however I was referencing what time zone the servers use based on their location but it's not a big deal.

Back to the original question of the thread, there's nothing more bZ can do in regard to the lag or stuttering. It'd be our hosting provider that has the issues with attacks and packet loss. Banzore has no access to the backend network infrastructure that the servers are hosted on, nor can we make any adjustments. Also due to EA legal agreements, we cannot host BF4 servers ourselves, we have to rent from an approved provider, no exceptions. As was mentioned above, we upgraded the CPU on the main server that hosts 1-6 from a 2288G to an AMD 5950x processor which did improve some performance however the above issues are not directly hardware related.