Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

when will bZ4 introduce a better way to end 900 ticket difference games?

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
We don’t have any of that turned on.

gray

Donator
You have !surrender enabled on bZ4. The count to end the game should be lowered, I believe it is something like 10 votes to end a game. Lowering this would benefit bZ4, just my thoughts though.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I don’t recall that being on, if anything the count should probably be higher, 10 is pretty low. Ending a whole game because of 10 bad players doesn’t sound like a good idea to me, but that’s not my call to make.

gray

Donator
I disagree. The amount of times I see !surrender actually used in a situation where the enemy team cannot win at all are close to none, besides a few occasions where it actually went through. Nearly every game of bZ4 is a 500+ ticket difference. I believe once it is fairly obvious the game is over regulars will !surrender, but most will not follow through with it. !Surrender obviously only works when there is a large enough ticket gap. I encourage a decision to be made, or at least an attempt to see how it will go. Either way, when a base farm happens it makes people leave anyway. Do not see the harm in lowering the !surrender count.

!Surrender is rarely used, but the games that are obnoxiously one-sided tend to end quickly regardless. Most regulars do not use !surrender and even if the count is lowered, I guarantee most people would !nosurrender just because. I have like 1.4k hours on bz4 and I can assure you a lowered surrender count would not make a difference
Yeah, getting base raped a couple games in a row is rough. I usually go to a different server for a bit if that happens, but I'd say 60% of that games on 4 are fine

gray

Donator
!Surrender is rarely used, but the games that are obnoxiously one-sided tend to end quickly regardless. Most regulars do not use !surrender and even if the count is lowered,
You're not wrong, but it does not hurt to try to see if it will encourage people to use it more instead of waiting to burn tickets. I personally believe it is never used simply because people don't know it even exists and when it is used they see that not a single other person will vote for it, rarely. That is my take away from it.

I guarantee most people would !nosurrender just because.
I've already thought about this and don't know how it would be combated. Typically only see the winning team use it, for obvious reasons. (even though it doesn't work)

I have like 1.4k hours on bz4.
Nerd.

Yeah, getting base raped a couple games in a row is rough. I usually go to a different server for a bit if that happens, but I'd say 60% of that games on 4 are fine
It isn't rough, it's just boring, however last night was probably the deal breaker for me to finally say my piece about it. If I recall, it happened 6 times a row and killed the server somewhat before it repopulated. (before NFO/EA took a shit this morning)

Also I live on bZ4, so it is impossible for me to go on a different server. You know this.

I just want them to experiment a little.

gray

Donator
i'm not complaining, it was a suggestion. i would not waste my time if it was a complaint, i would simply deal with it. i saw it as a way to possibly benefit the server.

i will go ahead and keep that comment in mind.

thanks for letting me know ahead of time.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator

when will bZ4 introduce a better way to end 900 ticket difference games?​

Why? One of the things I like the most about BF4 is how every round is different. Sometimes you get to curbstomp the other guys and sometimes they curbstomp you.

Just do your best and have a good time. At the end of the day it's just pixels so don't take it so seriously.