Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Who is God

oh, yeah, nothing is perfect and while I am not really in a field that see's peer review type studies (law) SOME people claiming to do peer reviews are simply using or "comparing" the study to fulfill their own academic or professional requirements.
I think, in a way, you could call common law peer-reviewed law. It involves jurists continually checking and referencing previous rulings and decisions. Sometimes they agree with them and stick to those examples of precedent and other times they just throw that precedent out the window and say "No, you're wrong, here's why." but there is a kind of mutual verification of each other's work. It's not a direct comparison of course but it's at least vaguely similar insofar as something as unscientific as jurisprudence can be.

In my opinion the scientific method is not the problem. It's the people ( not accusing anyone here in this thread, just people in general ) who place it above and beyond anything else and who do so without either an understanding of the process or a concern for the ethics of that process. To them, if it is something from "science" then it must be dogmatically adhered to simply because it is "science" and not because of any merits that particular "science" may or may not have. In a sense they view the consensus as the determining factor and not what the consensus is about. For example, these people will wholeheartedly champion the idea that the Moon is made of cheese if the consensus says that to be so even if that consensus may be flawed, either because of incomplete data or intentional malfeasance. They don't care what the consensus says, only that there is one.

No, peer review is not a fucking popularity contest. It's supposed to be the process of asking other people to disprove and test your claims. By nature peer review is intended to be adversarial. That's not democratic in any way.

Also, the consensus isn't just unscientific it can be an excuse for tyranny.

Remember all that shit we did the past three years because of the consensus?

Only to later have the same shitheads admit that:

1. Lockdowns didn't work.
2. Masks didn't work.
3. Those arrow stickers on the grocery store floor didn't work.
4. The mRNA 'vaccine' didn't work.
5. And the mRNA was neither safe nor effective.
6. The fucking virus came from a lab in China just like Trump said it did.
7. Fauci knew all of the above from the very start.

But yeah, you go with the consensus. I'll go with the actual science.
I recommend watching RFKs documentary on Fauci. It’s free, it’s like 3-4 hours long. he does a deep dive on Fauci’s history. Needless to say the man is evil to the core and killed many Gay men during the aides crisis by giving AZT the green light and pushing it as a safe form of treatment for HIV/Aides. AZT is a last resort cancer drug.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Do you work in academia? Peer review is not generally adversarial. And I would argue that democracy is adversarial

I work at a place that supervises clinical trials. And the peer review of things like mRNA used to be adversarial and now it's all bullshit politics. Which is what you apparently prefer to call 'science'.