Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Why don't you play the newer Battlefields?

What's your reason for sticking with BF4?

I like the strict attention to the art style and the theme of modern war. V and 2042 have too much bullshit in them that take away from the fantasy the games are trying to give.

I've tried them, and they're just not fun like this game is.

I think the biggest thing that has ruined most new games for me is dedicated community servers going away. I like finding a server with rules maps and settings I like, and being able to see a lot of the same players consistently that you either enjoy playing with or enjoy fighting.

Lack of dedicated servers and 3rd party communities IMO is probably ruining a lot of the PC gaming branch of video games and pandering to the console cavemen that just want to pick up a controller and play anywhere ASAP.

I've tried them, and they're just not fun like this game is.

I think the biggest thing that has ruined most new games for me is dedicated community servers going away. I like finding a server with rules maps and settings I like, and being able to see a lot of the same players consistently that you either enjoy playing with or enjoy fighting.

Lack of dedicated servers and 3rd party communities IMO is probably ruining a lot of the PC gaming branch of video games and pandering to the console cavemen that just want to pick up a controller and play anywhere ASAP.
True

Gameplay on the new engine suck ass, feels way more like a call of duty/battleroyale of sorts than proper battlefield. Add to that the amount of faggotry content then try forcing on us with current year politics.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
Donator
EA shareholders decided they just want to print money ASAP, as any shareholder would.

EA proceeds to print dogshit, which people willingly pay 80 bucks for.

Maybe stop buying dogshit, so we can enjoy quality games?

EA shareholders decided they just want to print money ASAP, as any shareholder would.

EA proceeds to print dogshit, which people willingly pay 80 bucks for.

Maybe stop buying dogshit, so we can enjoy quality games?
EA is averse to making money. Something like rentable community servers and purchasable mod kits for games like Battlefield would be huge money-makers for them. Renting servers would at the very least allow for hosting costs to be minimized if not downright eliminated and may even allow for some profit. Selling mod kits would be another source of revenue that shouldn't cost very much for them to implement. Not only would the initial sale of the mod kits themselves generate revenue but modded content which requires the purchase of the game to work could generate additional sales of the game to people only interested in a certain mod or mods who otherwise wouldn't want to purchase the game. I guess I could see some worry about hacks and cheaters using the mod kits but EA sucks at anti-cheat enforcement anyway so it's kind of a moot point. Only communities can effectively ( most of the time ) police cheating.

Instead they ship half-finished games with missing core features like scoreboards and in game chat. I also have a suspicion that the missing chat and scoreboard were conscious decisions by EA and/or DICE to attempt to reduce "toxicity". The reason for doing this was either some holier-than-thou attempt to enforce "fairness" and "conviviality" or it was an attempt to adhere to a potential current ( I am unsure of the EU's regulations on the subject but this seems like something they would implement ) or future legislation which would require game developers and providers to regulate "bullying", "harassment", "hate speech", or some other kind of wrongspeak in online interactions.

You're right about people buying dogshit games though. I purposefully didn't buy 2042 at launch because I saw how shit the beta was and knew that the game was not going to be even remotely finished, let alone even be something I wanted to play with their stupid hero system. I only bought it last month because it was on sale for $5. I doubt EA gained much from that. They probably have more money in change underneath the vending machines in their office than they got from that.

Hell, I still spin up BF1942 and BF Vietnam once in a while. Last time I spun up Vietnam I broadcast as a server and was pleasantly surprised to have four people join me!
One of my favorite versions of BF.
Driving around flying, or driving listening to your own custom music folder..
Beyond BF2, this was one of the best versions, that never came to be what it was supposed to.

One of my favorite versions of BF.
Driving around flying, or driving listening to your own custom music folder..
Beyond BF2, this was one of the best versions, that never came to be what it was supposed to.
BFV ( Vietnam, not Five ) was my favorite. The soundtrack was phenomenal. The gameplay was fun. I only wish I had played BF2 when it first launched but I didn't have a PC able to play it at the time.

Dropping napalm on people..
Picking artillery guns, by Blackhawk, dropping on unsuspecting people

Good times.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I also have a suspicion that the missing chat and scoreboard were conscious decisions by EA and/or DICE to attempt to reduce "toxicity". The reason for doing this was either some holier-than-thou attempt to enforce "fairness" and "conviviality" or it was an attempt to adhere to a potential current ( I am unsure of the EU's regulations on the subject but this seems like something they would implement ) or future legislation which would require game developers and providers to regulate "bullying", "harassment", "hate speech", or some other kind of wrongspeak in online interactions.

AAA game companies make all their money off the casual players, thus they want to make sure they aren’t scared off by people who actually care about the game and try to get good at it.

In BF2142, who remembers the sound when the commander launched an emp strike on the battle walker followed by an orbital strike? I do like it was yesterday.

Because my computer is stuck in 2012 and im such a fucking tightwad that i wont spend anything to build a new one. still using an i53570k and 2 nvidia 670FTW's. That, and the newer games never appealed to me.