Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Why don't you play the newer Battlefields?

Because my computer is stuck in 2012 and im such a fucking tightwad that i wont spend anything to build a new one. still using an i53570k and 2 nvidia 670FTW's. That, and the newer games never appealed to me.
Running on some ancient shit lol. Do you need to use A drive floppy disks to update? XD

I like listening to a military game that sounds like a military game. An Immersive experience just isn’t a thing from BFV-2042.

If you play bfv, half the time it sounds like some kind of village massacre with all the female soldiers screaming as combat takes place. Kinda ruins the gameplay…
The addition of female soldiers in 2042 is at least somewhat plausible : it's the future and there is a possibility that women could appear in front line roles in that future. The female soldiers in Battlefield 5 ( I won't call it "V", that is reserved for Battlefield : Vietnam ) on the other hand are just ridiculous. While women were an integral part to the success of WWII their part was not fighting as regular soldiers on the front lines. The handfuls of Soviet stories of female snipers and pilots are likely just that : stories. Whatever truth they may be based on is not a reflection of the reality of the situation in 99% of circumstances in that war. Where women did contribute was in rear-echelon duties and civilian activities such as manufacturing, research, cryptography, medical care, and other non-combat roles.

It was not too long ago when EA and DICE prided themselves on delivering an "authentic" experience in Battlefield. They even went so far as to clarify what they meant by that term. They were aware that their game was not "realistic" in the way that milsim games ( I believe they referenced ARMA and possibly even the Project Reality mod for BF2 as examples of those things ) are but specifically differentiated themselves from "arcade" games like Call of Duty. BF1 stretched the limits of that "authenticity" but from what I have seen of it I believe it still adhered to the spirit of that commitment. When I saw the BF5 trailer with the woman with a prosthetic arm fighting as part of the British contingent in 1940 France I knew that the game was not for me.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
BFV where a buddy could glass a target with his binos while you watch your mortar rounds land.

Or knocking out their tower so they lose air assets.

BF2:SF with zip lines and grapples.

The good old days when EA and Dice rolled out some innovative shit.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I purposefully didn't buy 2042 at launch because I saw how shit the beta was and knew that the game was not going to be even remotely finished, let alone even be something I wanted to play with their stupid hero system. I only bought it last month because it was on sale for $5.

EA gave me 2042 for free and I have only recently logged my first total hour of gameplay on it. That's it. In the past year I've played BF Vietnam more than that.