Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Windows Sound Settings for better audio. [Hear Enemies BETTER]

Killswi7chST

-bZ- Member
Donator
Long story short cause I'm in Game, This setting will help you hear others around you MUCH MUCH better [matched with a good quality [Capable of producing HIGH frequency audio +15kHz] Headset.]

Easy to do.

Right Click Audio Icon on windows taskbar.
Click Playback Device
RIGHT CLICK audio source
Click Properties [Here some people might have more option tabs]
Click Enhancement Tab

Here you have the option for Adding items to manipulate your audio in any fashion

I personally use:
Equalizer
Headphone Virtualization

Check Equalizer

Click the ". . ."

Graphic EQ is now shown.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAXING out the 16kHz frequency.

Adjust all the frequency gains to your liking. I personally dont like "Bass" from explosions cause it can distort enemies near you if a nade goes off.

Click Save

THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR AUDIO FOR WINDOWS. NOT ONLY FOR PUBG. CAN USE FOR OTHER GAMES TOO.

Sorry For the UltraWide and Secondary monitor image, It was from PrintScreen.AudioSetup.png

Juicy_Quang

-bZ- Member
Nice! I'd like to try out your suggestions sometimes.

I'm actually using a DAC with a headset so I'm not sure if your setting suggestions apply to my setup. I'll have to check it when I get home later from work. I'm fairly new with PubG so I'm still looking for the best setting adjustment. I used to have Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS but it doesn't fit with my new motherboard so I grabbed myself a dac. My new/current motherboard (ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING) have it's own audio device intact with SupremeFX/Sonic Rader on it?....I don't know how effective or how good it is but I decided to use my dac. I don't know how much you know about my setup but if you got any suggestion, I'm all ears!

Here are my current audio gears:
Creative Sound BlasterX G5
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

For creative sound app, I just leave everything default and I didn't turn on any sound enhancement, as I was told it screw up sound quality and ability to hear footstep in Battlefield 4..

Last edited:

Killswi7chST

-bZ- Member
Donator
You can adjust eq through my setup or use your sound card software to adjust eq. Just don't do both at the same time.

Also whomever said that adjusting eq will hinder game play hasn't used an equalizer.

My settings work for me hearing footsteps and vehicles quite a distance away.

Asus Mobo do use a fairly good audio chipset. Their software is buggy. The radar software just shows a 360 degree circle and shows what angle the sound is coming from. It's kind of "cheating" but use it wisely.

Juicy_Quang

-bZ- Member
Yeh, I'm gonna try and test equalizer on the DAC, as well as the audio chipset on the mobo and see which is better. I have no idea that the Rader software does that, LOL. I thought it helps enhance sound/footstep quality. I launched it once and I don't ever use it because I don't know what it does in the first place.

So the 16kHz frequency supposed to be the sound and frequency of footstep and vehicle? What sound or frequency do you turn down for the bass?

Killswi7chST

-bZ- Member
Donator
Foot steps are over roughly 1kHz and up. Very faint footsteps are over 8kHz.

You can do my exact eq and see if you like it.

Adjust your EQ on whichever your headset is connected to.

Juicy_Quang

-bZ- Member
Adjusting the EQ and bumping 16 kHz to max did made the sound of footstep more louder, however this also bumped up other sounds (gunshot, windows breaking, etc) and sometimes it becomes a bit too loud hearing all this in waiting area (which doesn't affect me since it's just waiting area). Maybe I should turn down the overall volumn in Windows (bottom right of desktop). It's actually at 15-20. I used to have it at 30, but after the EQ adjustment, I now needed to adjust it down so my headset wouldn't kill my ears. Would you suggest I turn down the volumn/sound for PubG in-game?

Killswi7chST

-bZ- Member
Donator
I'm used to the eq with high treble due to that's how I like my music. High bass from a woofer and high treble from tweeters.

If that preset EQ is too much try turning down the treble (16 kHz) a few and go from there. Should never have to turn down audio from in game settings.

Also you can mute the game audio while in lobby area and re-enable game audio when you're on the ground. I believe it's CTRL+M but I could be wrong. Check your control settings for this.

Juicy_Quang

-bZ- Member
I've did a bit more reading and there were some talks about setting the audio to use stereo and not surround (5.1 or 7.1)? This was because PubG was not built to work with surround sound. Main reason why scout mode and other surround sound software does not help, except it makes everything sound so much louder with no improvement to pinpointing where the sounds (footstep, gunfire, etc) are coming from.

Juicy_Quang

-bZ- Member
I'm used to the eq with high treble due to that's how I like my music. High bass from a woofer and high treble from tweeters.

If that preset EQ is too much try turning down the treble (16 kHz) a few and go from there. Should never have to turn down audio from in game settings.

Also you can mute the game audio while in lobby area and re-enable game audio when you're on the ground. I believe it's CTRL+M but I could be wrong. Check your control settings for this.

quoting you again just incase you didnt' see my question about stereo and surround.

better yet kids get a 5.1 sound card with dolby digital live support and drop the SPDIF out to a real 5.1 sound system....been running real 5.1 in game since OG Xbox...will never go to headphones as your matrix surround is just not the same or better....

and really way to necro a 5 year old thread.....

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAXING out the 16kHz frequency.
As someone who works in audio for a living for the love of god please do not do this. Repeated exposure to high frequencies (especially with loud headphones) WILL MAKE YOU PERMANENTLY DEAF TO THOSE FREQUENCIES.

I am not joking, as you age you will naturally lose the top register of your hearing and this will make it all so much worse just to gain a slight edge on a 10 year old game???

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
As someone who works in audio for a living for the love of god please do not do this. Repeated exposure to high frequencies (especially with loud headphones) WILL MAKE YOU PERMANENTLY DEAF TO THOSE FREQUENCIES.

I am not joking, as you age you will naturally lose the top register of your hearing and this will make it all so much worse just to gain a slight edge on a 10 year old game???

You are just trying to keep the advantage to yourself.

Also, what you are saying is not true

Also, what you are saying is not true
Bruh just use Google:

I literally do yearly tests to access my hearing and adjust my workspace based on the results (look up Trinnov if you want more info).

Just as a reference 90db is the equivalent of someone shouting as loud as they can 6 inches from your ear, which has actually been my general experience with squadmates on BF4 so far...