Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

A Discourse on the Method of Spawning into Uncap Vehicles

Axiom 1: If you return to uncap (for repairs or otherwise), any teammate can spawn into your vehicle the instant a seat becomes available.

Axiom 2: The spawn-in icon of said vehicle exists in the same manner and location as if it were a brand new vehicle spawn.

Axiom 3: Dutiful players will maintain a situational awareness of the game, noting the location of friendly vehicles and what they are doing. If this seems difficult, I recommend ADHD and autism.

Axiom 4: When spawning into a vehicle in uncap, the dutiful player will make note of any and all clues and hints that indicate a seat may already be taken. Use railroad-crossing logic: stop, look, and listen. Stop for a second. Look around for teammates that might have rights to the seat and for the repair icon, or sparks from the torch. Listen for torch and damaged vehicle sounds. Conduct yourself accordingly.

Axiom 5: If you have returned to uncap and your seat has been stolen, some grace and understanding is due, as it is entirely possible the offender had no clue that a seat was occupied.

Also MAYBE some understanding/empathy can be used in these situations? If you take your vehicle right back to where your team can spawn into it, and someone does, you are partly to blame in my opinion. Sure it's against the rules but there are infinity+ parts of the map you could have repaired, why go right back to spawn point? That being said if you spawn in and hear someone repairing, maybe do what Sabre said and look around/ask if it's anyone's vehicle. Maybe no one is right/wrong here we're all just being a bunch of dicks to each-other...

I got banned for almost this exact thing once, spawned into an empty vehicle in the middle of a firefight and freaked out and started driving it (the driver was repairing but I had no idea). I was a dick about it when I really shouldn't have been and it would have saved a lot of headache in my life...

Also MAYBE some understanding/empathy can be used in these situations? If you take your vehicle right back to where your team can spawn into it, and someone does, you are partly to blame in my opinion. Sure it's against the rules but there are infinity+ parts of the map you could have repaired, why go right back to spawn point? That being said if you spawn in and hear someone repairing, maybe do what Sabre said and look around/ask if it's anyone's vehicle. Maybe no one is right/wrong here we're all just being a bunch of dicks to each-other...

I got banned for almost this exact thing once, spawned into an empty vehicle in the middle of a firefight and freaked out and started driving it (the driver was repairing but I had no idea). I was a dick about it when I really shouldn't have been and it would have saved a lot of headache in my life...
I hear ya.

Comparatively, I have been repairing after being tank driver/pilot when shit suddenly got hectic and the gunner or whoever was nearby had to jump in to take care of business, subsequently taking driver seat from me. He or we then do the needful, either living or dying (usually dying), and I hold no grudge. Usually, the other party says something to the effect of "had to, it was the only way". We talk it out, and I understand their position in those cases.

Nuance, judgement, experience.

Other times, it's some dirty-diaper 20-something only-child who just doubles down on the "lol yolo" mindset. Those kids get checked.

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
being third partied in bf4 by a teammate is always aggravating. as the self proclaimed amtrac king of bz2, I have definitely hurt my vocal chords before when somebody steals it during a big fight. (mostly because it is also my cover while in the fight)

this was a well put together PSA and I vote to annotate the rules with this excerpt.

i find it helpful to take on the mindset that all vehicles are public property. if you get out and someone takes it for any reason, you can't be mad since they have just as much right to use it as you. kind of like park benches

i find it helpful to take on the mindset that all vehicles are public property. if you get out and someone takes it for any reason, you can't be mad since they have just as much right to use it as you. kind of like park benches
This analogy doesn't work sorry since public benches are designed to not let homeless people sleep on them so if you smell bad you can't take my vehicle sorry

I hear that, and I respect your mindset Patty. Nurture that mindset for the real world and in your community amongst your fellow human beings.

Banzore is just a bit different, being a competitive game on a private server, and all. Still love you.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
While you might think this is a potential loophole, the reason we require complaints to be submitted here on the forums is because it allows for record keeping that endures the trials of time. The individual who submitted the complaint has used his one get out of jail free card you could say, he was given the benefit of doubt since it falls onto CaptainCarnage to not be retarded.

I admit I made an error, by landing in the wrong area, and I could see somebody spawning in it. That was my error we were heavily damaged, and I had to put it down right away and I didn't realize exactly where we were on the map, I made a mistake, he made a mistake. You yourself said that, and I agree with you. I disagree of being banned over this it was a misunderstanding not something done to disrupt game play. If I thought that reporting anyone worked, I would have reported him instead of instead of a TK. In the past, I have reported players in BZ forums, and told by you that unless I recorded it you wouldn't do anything about it without being able to see what happened, but I see your willing make an exception, banning without a recording, if I'm the one being banned. So, you do have the ability go back and look, you just won't do it when I report someone. You're right two wrongs don't make a right.

I disagree. See Ninja's video posted in this thread that kind of stuff happens all day long. it comes down to player etiquette or lack of. Patty what you suggest wouldn't promote good game play everyone on that boat died because the boat wasn't repaired because Ninja rightfully was trying to get his boat back and couldn't repair. The boat was clearly not in main. My case is different, I was in main I own up to that. I was near where the helo spawns, I was in the heat of battle and didn't realize I was that close to the spawn point.

its a shame that a lack of developer foresight results in strange nuances and interactions among players. the lack of vehicle regulation inherent to battlefield 4's game design creates the need for ad-hoc rules and community standards. most players won't abide by the rules since it is either their first time, they don't speak the language, they don't pay attention, or they just plain don't give a shit. players that do follow the rules find themselves having reports as their only legal weapon against vehicle theft, which may take several hours - days to be processed. at that point vigilante teamkilling becomes the most incentivized outcome to resolve disputes on vehicle ownership.

DICE definitely improved these features in their more recent games. for example, the star wars battlefront franchise featured a queue system for """heroes""" (analogous to bf4 vehicles) ensuring that most players got a chance to play as a hero at least once per game. other games, like Left 4 Dead 2, feature a 'lose control of tank' mechanic where if you fail miserably as a special class, control is relinquished to another player who may have a better chance at playing. as long as bf4 lacks features such as these, vehicle theft/ownership will always be a topic of dispute (and a cause of teamkilling)

i've seen some bf4 servers kill players automatically for using mortars. a simple queue script hooking in player connections and vehicle spawning, combined with forced killing, could be used to automatically kill vehicle thieves the moment they spawn in someone else's queued vehicle. i don't know how feasible this is on banzore, but if it exists on other servers then there could theoretically be a way to apply it to banzore. ideally tickets from auto-kills should be refunded to the team in order to not hurt their chances of winning.

I disagree. See Ninja's video posted in this thread that kind of stuff happens all day long. it comes down to player etiquette or lack of. Patty what you suggest wouldn't promote good game play everyone on that boat died because the boat wasn't repaired because Ninja rightfully was trying to get his boat back and couldn't repair. The boat was clearly not in main. My case is different, I was in main I own up to that. I was near where the helo spawns, I was in the heat of battle and didn't realize I was that close to the spawn point.
Awaiting your return Carnie. Love you brother.