Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Temp Ban Ban Appeal: PhillipW

In-game Name PhillipW

Have you cheated before? no

What's your side of the story as to why you were banned? Idk I opened bf4 and joined bz13 and i was idle for a while and when i came back it said i was kicked by an admin next thing I try to join again it says in big writing on my screen that i'm banned for racism.

Why should we lift your ban? I never even used the chat during my time i was there so it must be a mistake

Kick reason (from Battlelog) Racism

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://bf4db.com Yes

I have checked and verified that I am not banned at https://battlefield.agency Yes

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
We don't tolerate racial terms in our chat. You were caught by our AutoAdmin chat filter. Your ban expires in three days. Please refrain from using such remarks in the future.
phillipw.PNG

I'd also like to argue, The term i used isnt necessarily racist on its own, its the context of how its used that matters, African-Americans often use the term to refer to themselves or others in a neutral or friendly way all the time. I'd like to request that you guys remove the ban sooner than three days please for these reasons, I used it in a completely innocent way, I didn't refer to anyone or demean anyone, no one got hurt, my had no ill intentions towards anyone, can you really say this is racist?

Also Shouldn't you guys at least give a warning for the first few offenses first? instead of an Instaban. there is nowhere on the server does it warn you about using racial terms so how am I supposed know that its not allowed beforehand?

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I'd also like to argue, The term i used isnt necessarily racist on its own, its the context of how its used that matters,

That’s what people always say when they get punished for breaking our simple rules.

maybe cause its true, its a grey area Mobius, anyhow I cant find anywhere does it say racial terms are not allowed, correct me if I'm wrong, but all I can find in the rules it says "no racism", there is no rulebook where it say I cant use the term that I used.

which could mean many things, which takes me exactly to my point, the term I used isn't necessarily racist on its own, its the context that can make it racist, so maybe its not so simple after all

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The context does not matter. You said a no-no word, thus you have been dealt with accordingly.

The context does matter, why is it that its perfectly okay for African-American people to use the term when they address themselves or others in a friendly matter, its only a no-no word because you made it, not because its inherently racist.

But even besides this that's not even my main reason why I think I was wrongly banned There's something else completely and its not what you think, now hear me out, get this, I'm not actually using a racial Slur, even though it looks and is spelled that way but what I'm really saying/referring to is something completely different which is the Romanisation of a Chinese word 那个 pronounced (Na ge\ nei ge) I just happened spell it that way. See My screenshot for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205-074957.png
    Screenshot_20240205-074957.png
    254 KB · Views: 6

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
It doesn’t matter what you’re referencing, it doesn’t matter what the context around what you said was. We do not allow that word, in any variation of spelling. Our chat filter is automatic and is not wrong. Accept accountability for what you’ve typed, otherwise when your current ban expires, you’ll be well on your way to your next suspension.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
why is it that its perfectly okay for African-American people to use the term when they address themselves or others in a friendly matter

No one on our servers is allowed to say it. No one gets special treatment.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
No, he just wants you to use your brain. We both do, in fact.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
It's been stated several times that we utilize an automatic language filter that does not care about context. To prevent further issue, it is essential for you to understand that we do not allow racism on our servers.
No player is exempt from that rule.

Take some time to thoroughly review our rules whilst your wait for your temporary ban (~50 hours) to expire, they are provided below.