GIANTS OF KARELIA
HAMMERHEAD
LOST ISLANDS
OPERATION MORTAR
WAVE BREAKER
GULF OF OMAN
DAWNBREAKER
ROGUE TRANSMISSION

Please leave feedback on what maps to remove or add...thanks for sharing!!

Slash5.0

-bZ- Member
Donator
ok first off we voted to remove mortar and wave breaker in meeting so those need to go. (the vote was unanimous)

the core maps are as follows
  • Caspian Border
  • Golmud Railway
  • Operation Firestorm
  • Lost Islands (because we need a water map in core and this one does well)
  • Siege Of Shanghai
  • Giants Of Karelia
  • Hammer Head
normally Dragon Valley would be on that list but i thought it prudent to leave that up to a vote considering the amount of glitches on that map. Those maps i listed are the core maps we have been running pretty much for a year plus. we try and rotate 2-4 new maps in every month other than those core maps. Secondly the list of maps posted b y Billy needs to encompass all bf4 maps, their are maps not on the list. Billy plz get with me in team speak or neo and lets go over this . the maps you are putting up for votes are not the ones we need up lol. <3 I think Neo is familar with the rotation so maybe if I'm not on ask him . tty tomorrow?

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
Yesterday I pulled Lost Island and Mortar....If we pull Wave Breaker we have no water maps...
As a whole please let me know if you guys are okay with that...

Punk

Neurotic
-bZ- Member
It was a trainwreck because all people did was mortar, and then all people did was bitch about mortaring, and then people just started leaving the server because of mortaring.

Is there not a way to limit the number of mortars? I believe there used to be. Much to the dissent of Hawx and Curry, I've been asking for additional maps to to be added to the "some maps" server (which is really an I/O server) for several months. People complain about metro because it's a trap. People complain about Pearl because it's too open. And people either complain about or don't vote for locker for unknown reasons. My suggestion would be to add a couple maps and see what happens.

2 cents, clink, clink.

Vegetaa01

Donator
I remember when yall did that and the chat logs EXPLODED with furious pubbers for even having it in the vote map, even if it did not win. I myself kinda enjoyed it but we have tried it and fell on our faces immediately. Personally I would like to see more maps but the nature of the people who play on Metro dictate otherwise and we could see a serious drop in population. For example when Pearl Market is on I want to leave but I put up with it and most other pubbers do as well. When we had Gardens on I still can remember the huge population loss we had as the map rolled over.

Vegetaa01

Donator
It was due to mostly people who are unwilling to play anything else but CQ maps. Pearl is a good mix of long and short range combat its a very will rounded map, Metro is the most popular just because its a meat grinder. Locker has to many bottlenecks but seems to get voted on more often when the servers not full. Gardens is aimed at longer range combat. Also alot of people are just stubborn and wont play nothing else. Im down to put it in rotation again but if we get flak or see numbers dropping we need to take it out FAST. Its to late in BF4s life with the limited number of players we have to fix what aint broken, its ok to try it but reverting back like we did in the past needs to stay a option or we will fuck it up for sure.

I would love to see us just throw it into rotation during the middle of a busy night with several players in line to get in just to see how it effects us over the weekend.

Last edited: