Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

bZ 7

Any chance you can add Operation Outbreak to the map rotation/map vote choices? Unless it was already added and was removed because it caused alot of hurt feelings reports because people didn't like it. Also, is it possible to change the number of possible maps to vote for to 8 as opposed to 6.. (I hope that makes sense).

With love,

Uncle Bandit

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
It was removed because it's hurts population. Outbreak, Zavod Night, and Dragon Valley are all hard on it because EA/DICE in all their wisdom doesn't prompt people to install it even though they're free, so lots of players don't have them installed and get booted when rotation hits it.

Perhaps we can add them during peak weekend hours or something. Thoughts?

It was removed because it's hurts population. Outbreak, Zavod Night, and Dragon Valley are all hard on it because EA/DICE in all their wisdom doesn't prompt people to install it even though they're free, so lots of players don't have them installed and get booted when rotation hits it.

Perhaps we can add them during peak weekend hours or something. Thoughts?
How about Silk Road

But if these meathead players don't have the the extra map packs downloaded, wouldn't the fact that they get kicked from certain maps entice them to download them so they aren't kicked anymore? That's what happened to me back in the day, so I downloaded all the map packs and here we are.

outlinedlizard

-bZ- Member
You'd think but most people arent happy when someone asks them to do something they havent done.
So they just go to another server.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Yeah sadly it's more or less what lizard said. That and with the state of the game a server losing half the pop between rounds can totally kill it, especially late at night or early in the morning.

Can you guys see the stats of how often a map is played/picked? It seems that maps like Lost Islands, Operation Mortar, Guilin Peaks, Wave Breaker are the least picked when they are an option during the map vote. It would be interesting to see how the server would react if you removed those servers and added the other maps like Operation Outbreak, Silk Road, Dragon Pass, Altai Range.

But my guess would be that would just resort to the problem that was identified above, being that if people don't have the map packs downloaded, then they would just be kicked which would diminish the server population either way.

Let me preface this with saying the local ABC store was open today. I am a VIP member on BZ7 and get priority joining status, but honestly that isn't enough for me. I've been waiting for 15 seconds in the queue and that is just not acceptable. I want to be like a bowling ball when I join this server, I don't want just one person kicked, I want all 10 kicked. If a person or two gets banned along the way, that's not my problem.

Can you guys do an experiment and add all DLC maps to bZ#7? I know I can play on other servers that offer all maps, but I want to continue supporting bZ. I am just getting bored with the same maps, and would like a change. If the maps turn out to be a failure and cause people to quit, then we can resort back to how it is now. Thoughts again?

Neo said he adjusted the DLC time but I haven't seen it at ALL during the weekdays lately (I normally play around 10am-5pm). Before the adjusted time I swear DLC came on at like 1pm.