Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Can't play as much

When everyone moved back for the start of the semester, the internet at my apartment became very bogged down. Now it can't handle the increased tick rate during peak hours and I can't play because it gets so bad. Any ideas?

you on wifi or hardwired?

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Are you in like a college dorm with shared network access or do you have a direct connection with an ISP (Cable/DSL/etc.) for just you?

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Then you need to call and yell at your ISP. They've oversold their uplink/CO/etc.

Bounty7565

-bZ- Member
Donator
Hopefully they'll help you. I've been dealing with my ISP for years, and they take care of me now, but it did take a lot of complaining before anything changed. They too oversold, and they excused this by stating that it was listed in the legal terms that speed was not guaranteed. I ended up trying to cancel service and switch to a new provider, and that's when they finally stepped it up and looked into helping me out. It took almost 2 months, but they had added equipment around the area to load balance, or at least that's what they said. I've been semi-happy since, but don't be afraid to ask questions or make them think you're cancelling service.

So actually, it is not the network at all. I am getting frame rate drops. Massive drops and it is in every game not just battlefield. I have a i7 4790k and a GTX 1070. Ideas?

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Are all of your drivers up to date?
Check for processes running in the background? CPU usage?
Is the RAM okay?

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Yeah, that's pretty weird. I'm only using 27% of CPU (i7) and 7.27 Gb of RAM while running BF4.
How many processes are running?