Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

CapStar362 now has a private server to host a -bZ- ArmA !!!!

alrighty peeps!

lets hear it.....

I was given a older Dell T3500 Xeon T5630 Quad Core, 12GB Triple Channel DDR3, 2x HDD ( 410 GB of total Storage ) for pretty much nothing. its sitting on the UPS Backup as i took my gaming machine off in favor of having as much similarity as a dedicated host as i could.

Internet is a 500/50 Connect on Charter Spectrum, with the networking gear also on the UPS.

I have mentioned this in the facebook group.

so, lets hear it from our ArmA players. what would you guys like to play ArmA Wise?

Id love to see eXile with some perks and goodies.

Among my choices would be:

Light Jets with guns only
Gunships such as the WY-55 and the likes, no big attack birds like the Kajman or the Blackfoot, those are just OP and kill populations.
Lots of Building Options

Additional Mods such as:

JSRS Sound Mod, Enhanced Movement, EFX Heli Dust ( plus its supporting Mod of Smoke and Lighting enhancements ), CBA, CUP, Extended Base and a few more just for eye candy ( oh i have some good ideas for a base )

LETS HEAR IT!

i will need some support in setting up the server itself and some scripting support as i am utter shit with scripting and what not.

I have TV setup with easy access and will send the credentials to whoever would like to have access to the data bases.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Not gonna lie, that's a pretty old piece of HW and that CPU will suck down a crap ton of power for relatively little performance. Between the old CPU(s) and HDDs I'm thinking Arma will probably struggle beyond just a few players, especially when you start throwing mods with any sort of AI at it. I'm not sure how many players this could support realistically, and while 500/50 is good on paper, residential ISPs like Spectrum have crappy routing so you're not likely to be able to support players geographically very far before latency really tanks for the farther-out players.

Do you have a static IP?

even service outages have not caused my IP to change, im actually surprised on that one.

also, i have sub 70 latency timings from East Coast to WEst Coast, my target is US Players.

any kind of tools around that i can test ArmA loads?

Firedoc has purchased a Dedicated box for us to host ArmA III on as a prelim trial for 6 months, need to put some calls out guys for those of us who play and have friends who play!

if we populate it, it stays...

i do have a second server that i will throw up, for a friend.... he already gave me all the files necessary. once i learn how to control a server ill keep it going for him

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
When you get it up and running, throw the info in the channel info box on TS.