Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Complaint Handled Complaint from Hawkkiller about player reformedpoper

Hawkkiller

Donator
Who are you reporting? reformedpoper

Date of incident Jul 17, 2020

Which server were you on? 11pm give or take

Describe the incident ReformedPoper was using slurs against the LGBTQ community. I and many found it highly offensive. When he was called out on it, he got real bad and spammed it.

Hawkkiller

Donator
i am not trying to be an ass, but I am curious, we do not allow racist comments, yet we allow comments directed at an entire section of a community? With respect, can you please explain this to me?

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
i am not trying to be an ass, but I am curious, we do not allow racist comments, yet we allow comments directed at an entire section of a community? With respect, can you please explain this to me?

We don't have the resources to chase after all of this, and the question becomes where to draw the line. Quite frankly we have no interest in policing chat. You can easily turn off chat if it bothers you.

Hawkkiller

Donator
We don't have the resources to chase after all of this, and the question becomes where to draw the line. Quite frankly we have no interest in policing chat. You can easily turn off chat if it bothers you.
that is fine. I wasn't trying to be mouthy or an ass, I was honestly curious. Thanks for explaining it..

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
that is fine. I wasn't trying to be mouthy or an ass, I was honestly curious. Thanks for explaining it..

Yep no worries. To elaborate a bit more, heavily moderating chat is a slippery slope that turns into badminning. It happened to us last time we had servers and lots of admins got way too carried away and we're not going to let that happen again.