Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Complaint Handled Complaint from Zeph about player XXX-UncleHo-XXX

Who are you reporting? XXX-UncleHo-XXX

Date of incident Nov 28, 2020

Which server were you on? ! bZ #2 HARDCORE Metro/Locker/Pearl - Ranked

Describe the incident I noticed chatter about him so I spectated. Hard to tell if it's lucky but couple of instances where he waits and shoots through smoke.
On the first instances at 0:20, he waits, shoots through smoke, and somehow got a registered RGO grenade kill at the same time and he never threw one, may have been bugged? Instance 2 is on 1:20. Hard to tell but figured I'd post and see what admins/community think since.

Vid:
https://youtu.be/Rd3OLpben8o

Profile:
https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/XXX-UncleHo-XXX/

Uncle Ho is one of my friend I know in real life. He's just a good infantry player. The reason he can kill someone behind smoke is because they might be using a sniper rifle, and the glare from the scope is visible even through smoke but, however it won't show on spectator's view. The RGO nade kills was because he killed enemy when they were about to throw the nade but they died before the nade left their hand so it gonna blew up and kill nearby enemy.

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Video is hard to call on this one. Could just be a very well seasoned player that is shooting through smoke at very common spots down that hallway, you'll note he does miss a good number of shots down that hallway while also getting kills by shooting in the same spots down that hall. The Grenade kill is easily explained. If you kill a player as they are throwing a grenade and the grenade falls, it becomes your grenade. Its a very satisfying game mechanic.

I would need to see more to take action here. I always hate speccing that spot in locker because it really is just a coinflip if you are going to kill somebody by shooting down that hall from C.

bf4 ss.jpg
Quick web search and you'll find old posts of multi-hacks with spectator warning mechanics. From past experiences, spectating causes two things to happen: either the player leaves or "normalize" their game-play by suddenly missing a lot and not performing well. One player in the past that I spectated went several rounds as MVP and was highly suspicious. The following round I spectated him then suddenly didn't get half the amount of kills he had from earlier rounds. Player left the following round after I remained spectating. Haven't seen that player in awhile. Like you pointed out, Uncleho began "missing" and shooting inconsistently which I noticed while spectating and knew he wasn't going to continue sniping in the same manner.

Just a consideration to have in mind. It is a hard call and that's why I posted. I understand there are people who play way more than I do and have become more seasoned. Thanks for checking it out @Angrysalsa

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Oh I am well aware of the spectator warning. I am going based off of common tactics for that section of the map and given the amount of hours he has. He is likely just very seasoned and knows to shoot down that hallway. Doesn't mean you shouldn't spectate just because people have a notification. It is actually extremely useful and the dead giveaway of a spectator warning is as you mentioned the person will do something to make himself suspicious. There are a lot of different tools that we use to gauge whether someone is hacking or not. Video proof just happens to be the most concrete, and if it isn't concrete it paints a picture of what might be happening.