Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Gaming Headsets....wired or wireless?

I've been using crappy stereo wired earbuds for years playing BF4, probably to my disadvantage. I used to have a surround headset ~10 years ago that broke apart, and I think I miss the immersion that it gave. So I'm now looking at "upgrading" my sound.

Is there a disadvantage to a wireless solution? How latent is the sound vs the visuals, if at all?

Looking for opinions either way from real BF4 players. I appreciate any input and recommendations!

-bZ-PizzaPanda

-bZ- Member
I use Razer kraken wired headphones, really great sound and a decent mic from what I’m told lol. Affordable too, I manage my wires very well so I don’t notice the wire anyhow.

I've been using crappy stereo wired earbuds for years playing BF4, probably to my disadvantage. I used to have a surround headset ~10 years ago that broke apart, and I think I miss the immersion that it gave. So I'm now looking at "upgrading" my sound.

Is there a disadvantage to a wireless solution? How latent is the sound vs the visuals, if at all?

Looking for opinions either way from real BF4 players. I appreciate any input and recommendations!
Headphones aren't that necessary.... I have headphones but since it's so freaking hot I have them around my shoulder and hear practically nothing yet always top frag on bz7. It's mostly personal preference though, some people play better with audio and some don't. Get the headphones that are custom to your liking and you'll be just fine.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
I have corsair HS80 and they are okay. Wireless. Haven't noticed any latency issue. If I use it with very low volume I can hear white noise caused by interference, but this isn't really an issue.

I imagine all wireless headsets have white noise.

I like my wireless headset because I can move around and still be a part in conversations and stuff. Can go take a shit or make dinner.

If you want good sound quality go for a wired headset with XLR cable. USB headsets are trash.

If you only use your headset while at the computer I do not see the point in having a wireless one.

I have corsair HS80 and they are okay. Wireless. Haven't noticed any latency issue. If I use it with very low volume I can hear white noise caused by interference, but this isn't really an issue.

I imagine all wireless headsets have white noise.

I like my wireless headset because I can move around and still be a part in conversations and stuff. Can go take a shit or make dinner.

If you want good sound quality go for a wired headset with XLR cable. USB headsets are trash.

If you only use your headset while at the computer I do not see the point in having a wireless one.
Dude I had those same ones and they hurt my head/ears so much. FUCK them

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
Yeah, if you get a wireless make sure you have a detachable charging cable so that you can use it while it is charging. Otherwise the headset is useless.

Dude I had those same ones and they hurt my head/ears so much. FUCK them
Too big a head and too small a brain

Yeah, if you get a wireless make sure you have a detachable charging cable so that you can use it while it is charging. Otherwise the headset is useless.

Too big a head and too small a brain
Not really. I also have Cloud Flights (missing dongle that is never in stock). Those are even better than the Arctis 7s.

if you can run real 5.1 with a dolby digital sound and a real 5.1 speaker set up DO IT......headphones can never give you the spacing a 5.1 set up can.....and all 5.1 headphones suck......plus it works in every game.....

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I've been using the Logitec Pro X Wireless and I love them. I was anti-wireless headset for the longest time. I tried several sets out, but this was years ago. It wasn't so much the latency, but every 3-5 minutes or something like this, they would cut out for just a few seconds, but it bugged the shit out of me.

These new wireless headsets are much better. They sound decent, though not as good as my Gamecom Pros, but I really like the wireless function. I can go grab a drink, take a leak, and still listen to conversation, music, whatever.

I don't miss the wires at all.

been there......got rid of the wife......with the younger GF in the new house i got a man cave and no ball and chain.....cam did not like all the screens but this is what the cave looks like on sunday watching every game played in the NFL......and yes its mando's ship with the child......IMG_20210727_184858.jpgIMG_20221002_131819.jpgIMG_20221002_131813.jpgIMG_20221002_131754.jpgIMG_20210727_184919.jpgIMG_20210727_184945.jpg

even in flori-DA it gets cold as well.....old kerosene heater is my friend and Ko is cheap here.........

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Come by Chicago when we get the every 3 year -55 F January, I can feel it coming. Gonna be a cold dry winter.