Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Getting kicked for no ping

I literally just explained this.
This is an issue that just recently became an issue? For years it hasn't been needed but with likely only 7 month left for this game's popularity/existance (aka when Bf6 releases this fall), it's now such a problem that it needs to be implemented to screw over regulars who can't actually control the fact that their latency isn't being referenced by the server? Seems questionable at best mate.

When you have less available servers overall you are more likely to have people from other regions joining your servers. It's not a 'new issue' ping abuse has been around since the stone age. It's an issue to you now because it has affected you.

When you have less available servers overall you are more likely to have people from other regions joining your servers. It's not a 'new issue' ping abuse has been around since the stone age. It's an issue to you now because it has affected you.
It actually doesn't affect me, I live near the server and my ping isn't spoofed nor blank. It affects others who have been here even longer than I have, and I prefer to voice concerns and discuss with the people in charge instead of mindlessly accepting anything that comes our way so that we all come to an understanding. bZ has had the only viable HC servers in NA for well over a year now, so if this was really a problem it logically would have been corrected long ago. Do shut up, you have no input into how the server is run and therefore your opinion on this is utterly irrelevant. I'm conversing with neo for a reason, he runs the servers and I'm attempting to understand his logic that doesn't appear to make sense.

Last edited:

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
It actually doesn't affect me, I live near the server and my ping isn't spoofed nor blank. It affects others who have been here even longer than I have, and I prefer to voice concerns and discuss with the people in charge instead of mindlessly accepting anything that comes our way so that we all come to an understanding. bZ has had the only viable HC servers in NA for well over a year now, so if this was really a problem it logically would have been corrected long ago. Do shut up, you have no input into how the server is run and therefore your opinion on this is utterly irrelevant. I'm conversing with neo for a reason, he runs the servers and I'm attempting to understand his logic that doesn't appear to make sense.

Everyone's opinion matters. Get off your high horse. He has as much a right to this conversation as you do.

BF4 will likely outlive BF6 when it's all said and done.

I don't personally like dealing with you. I only ever do when multiple people from 7 ask me to intercede with you since theyre worried if they talk shit about you, they'll get banned. So when I bring something up that effects people in 7 and doesn't make sense (which btw you ignored my post, you have a wonderful future in politics my friend), it's almost always because I've been asked to take time out of my day and deal with conversing with you to get said illogical decision fixed. So I don't intend to argue with people who have no authority to enact change in the server rules/structure. It's a waste of everyone's time. Yes his opinion has as much value as mine, but it's not relevant in the slightest to this conversation.

Last edited:

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Y'all have fun smack talking me and bZ in #7 all the time and I/we let it go.

Just went all the way back to january first of this year. Haven't talked shit about you once. What other people do isn't my responsibility. Multiple regulars know you banned that toxic kid in who you booted out of bZ last fall because he talked shit about you in server 2 (I would know, I was the one who told you in the discord bZ member chat that he was doing so). So naturally they dont want to be vocal in public. I'd be willing to bet most people dont think you comb over in-game chat logs looking for anyone who talks shit about you, so disagreeing with you publicly in the forums is a different matter and one that most of them aren't comfortable with. Why do you think I was the one who made that proposal for you admins that had a ton of signatures behind it from regulars (that you ignored) lol. Again, you ignored my question. Why exactly is this a necessary implementation NOW, considering bZ has had the only viable hardcore servers for well over a year without this ever being an issue that required correction? That isn't logical.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I wouldn't expect you to understand the technicalities of this which I've already explained.

You've attempted to explain why you implemented it in general. So either it's an irrelevant function now that never has been needed and is just screwing over people who have no choice in the matter so you can tell them to get VIP for ping whitelisting. Where you said something rather ridiculous like people who donate are better vetted, despite the fact that plenty of people who donate for VIP do so within their first week to deal with the horridly programmed autobalance, and multiple regulars who have been here for over a year have no ping (but they aren't as vetted as those people who donated I guess?)... or you were negligent for well over a year and allowed something that you claim is actual cheating for the entire time you've been coding/managing for bZ. Neither is a good look, so I'm trying to understand your perspective.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
If you don't like the measures we take to protect our servers you are welcome to play elsewhere. In the meantime we will continue working to have the best servers around and catch cheaters as fast as possible.

You absolutely do have the best servers around. The only viable HC servers in North America as I have said multiple times. Just because you run good servers doesn't mean you can't make mistakes. As you have again ignored the entire comment to run with another tangent I will leave it at this. I hope you go into politics mate, because you would be incredibly gifted at it. Ignoring topics you don't want to answer on and trying to turn the conversation around to get it off of that topic seems to be a skillset you are very talented in. Have a lovely evening.

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
Dan you don't speak for the majority.
The majority, me included, like things the way they are and applauded the admins for job well done during our community meeting a few weeks back.
This issue was discussed then in open forum without objections.
The meeting which was open to anyone members and nonmembers alike.

Dan you don't speak for the majority.
The majority, me included, like things the way they are and applauded the admins for job well done during our community meeting a few weeks back.
This issue was discussed then in open forum without objections.
The meeting which was open to anyone members and nonmembers alike.
-I frequently do speak for the majority of server 7 regulars. And the server 7 regulars are the only people I care about on these servers at this point to be honest, so I bring up their issues to Neo when they dont feel comfortable doing so.
-Congratulations, I did so in the teamspeak meetings when I was a member as well. And in general they are indeed good admins (better than most I've ever seen on NA servers). Again, doesn't mean they cant make mistakes.
-Discussed by what, maybe 20 people at most in a voice chat in the banzore discord? Thats the typical average level of activity that was on the teamspeak meetings, so I assume thats about the amount that was pulled during that meeting. I've had over half that level of population already bitch to me about it. Just because it was discussed once prior to implementation by a tiny group of people does not mean that it is the best option or even a good viable option. So again, my point here stands. Have a lovely day.

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
"-Discussed by what, maybe 20 people at most in a voice chat in the banzore discord? Thats the typical average level of activity that was on the teamspeak meetings, so I assume thats about the amount that was pulled during that meeting. I've had over half that level of population already bitch to me about it. Just because it was discussed once prior to implementation by a tiny group of people does not mean that it is the best option or even a good viable option. So again, my point here stands. Have a lovely day."

Well you assumed incorrectly as usual. The last meeting we had 36. Plus I rather have something implemented by a tiny group of people then by a small minded individual.
I too were on TS meetings and 20 people was not the average. Had you attended on a regular basis you would know that.

"-I frequently do speak for the majority of server 7 regulars. And the server 7 regulars are the only people I care about on these servers at this point to be honest, so I bring up their issues to Neo when they dont feel comfortable doing so."

I care for all players on all the servers not just one server which again makes your argument narrowed to the minority not the majority.

RazorBites

Donator
VIPs are exempt from ping kicks...
As i mentioned in my other post i dont think that is even working i'm now getting kicked several times a day my ping has been fine, but 2 days its missing along with atleast 10-20 ppl some times ingame plz someone check the Kick Logs something is screwed up.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
As i mentioned in my other post i dont think that is even working i'm now getting kicked several times a day my ping has been fine, but 2 days its missing along with atleast 10-20 ppl some times ingame plz someone check the Kick Logs something is screwed up.
Which server did this happen in?

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Should be fixed. Was due to ddos filtering blocking long for some folks on #4.

If you're a VIP you shouldn't get kicked regardless.