Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Languge

Vegetaa01

Donator
Lol this topic is lasting much longer than it should. Perhaps it's better continued in the Admin forum or at the next meeting where apparently it was already discussed and resolved..

Bothering me is not the point why I opened this up. Maybe I'm being too "Pollyanna" about this. But when you're a member of a server(s) you set the example. You become the solution, not the problem.....

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Yankee, I think that you're absolutely right. I have often been embarrassed by what some of our members say and do in the servers, in teamspeak, and on the forums. I am not always proud of what comes out of here.

But we try to have a real-world policy here at the club. People are free to be who they want to be, and they can say what they want to say. There are sometimes consequences that go along with that, just like in real life, but people need that freedom to find out when they cross a line.

Everybody is a work in progress, and we do the best we can without telling people what they can and cannot say, and with as few rules as possible. It's not that we want a bunch of jerks running around, but we also don't want rules-based environment full of censorship.

To your original point, I make a habit of shaming folks who use simple and ignorant, grade school level insults with more witty and biting retorts. It's lost on some of them, but others come around and raise the level of their "game".

We like our shit-talking around here, and some of the worst of it happens between the best of friends. It's a unique environment, but I guess it's something that I like having in my life.

The clueless usually learn, and the hateful hopefully leave. But this place usually just kind of takes care of itself with as little input from us as possible.

I'm not sure if that really addresses your comments, and this is only my take on what we do here, but we've been doing it a long time, and I hope we get to do it for a lot longer.

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
Weak people - react
Strong people - forgive
Intelligent people - ignore

Just going to leave that here.