Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Million dollar question.. Why is bZ server hit reg garbage?

Honestly, I don't get it. Why is only Bz servers got crap reg. Especially Bz 2.

Neo, you say we have "best" servers yet the reg is way off, like 1 out of 5 shots reg. I know everyone complains about it.. Every other server I play in, all my shots reg, and my KD is like way better. I played USAA with Topher and he knows that server has way better reg.

So my question is and it's apparently a million dollar question... Why is reg so bad on only Bz servers?

My honest thoughts is the server is running 30 tick and faking 60 tick.. it sure doesn't feel like 60 tick.. I'll admit, after server crashes the reg is on par for that map, then declines map after..

Neo, no offence, but you must honestly be oblivious and ignorant.. People in bZ complain about how bad the reg is all the time.

Did you ever think switching machines? because honestly, I don't get it either, but it's only bZ that has this issue. Everyone on bZ every night complains about it.

I'm only one who has balls to bring it up because they all scared of you :rolleyes:

Hence why this is a million dollar question, why is it so bad just on bZ?

I played in other servers last night and as usual all my shots regged beautifully. So what's different with yours?

P.s not trying to be a dick, I love bZ servers and play them weekly. I even donate as well..But this bad hit reg has pushed myself and other regulars to other servers.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
We have the best machines money can buy. Blame EA I guess...it's their trash single-threaded game engine.

Have you tried bZ22?

HeyDudeJoe

-bZ- Member
Donator
I get abysmal hit reg on #1.5(dusting, TOW's disappearing after they 'hit') but pretty normal hit reg on #1, I have no idea why. I have the same ping on both and I can switch between the two between maps and its noticeably better on #1.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I get good hitreg on some servers, and terrible hitreg in others, some bZ, some not. It's not bZ's fault, it's a combination of my ISP and the fact that it's a 9 year old game.

TurkeyNoise

-bZ- Member
Donator
Exactly what mobius said, some servers my hit reg is great and others it’s terrible. It’s a very noticeable difference if it was at 30hz instead of 60. But there are times when the server struggles and other times when it’s flawless. But yes this game shows it’s signs of its age.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I get abysmal hit reg on #1.5(dusting, TOW's disappearing after they 'hit') but pretty normal hit reg on #1, I have no idea why. I have the same ping on both and I can switch between the two between maps and its noticeably better on #1.

Both #1 and #1.5 are in Chicago. Both are on identical HW (though it's different machines). Both have identical configs outside of maplists. Freakin EA...

I agree it's very strange.. it must be annoying as well for you Neo. It could be a red herring*.. The only thing I can relate this to is when servers was running 30 tick, we all remember shots wouldn't reg.. But this is exactly how this server feels like, 30 tick and not 60.. Could it be a bug?:oops:

Interesting about #1 and 1.5 have different reg when exact same HW and configs but on different machines? Is it possible to move Bz 2 to a different machine to see if it's hardware related by any chance?

I haven't played Bz2.2 yet. Be interesting if that is any better!?

I do agree Bz 1 is better than bz 2 for the reg. You'd think bZ 2 would be better as it only has 3 maps..:confused:

Last edited:

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
It's interesting on bz2, the hit reg is off and on, but when it starts to get really bad it seems to be a sign that the severs going to crash in the near future. I've also noticed it get much worse the higher the average ping. After crashes when it's just starting back up is when you get the best hit reg. It's like:

Attachments

• d96.jpg
    d96.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 0

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Lots of our servers do end up with long uptimes because they never restart because they never empty. It could all be related to that. Generally after 1-2 days of uptime things start going down hill and we've had some run for 10, 12, 14+ days recently. If I see them over a week I tend to force restart them because I know reg gets worse.

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
Lots of our servers do end up with long uptimes because they never restart because they never empty. It could all be related to that. Generally after 1-2 days of uptime things start going down hill and we've had some run for 10, 12, 14+ days recently. If I see them over a week I tend to force restart them because I know reg gets worse.
Anyway we might be able to get a forced restart at some point each day or maybe every two? I know it hurts population, but right now it's been pretty well populated. We had a crash a couple nights ago around 1 and the server still filled back up.

Oh, that could be the culprit Neo. I know Topher said ages ago that servers are restarted every night.. But if they're going for a few days up to 10+, it could explain a bit. Even if they're rebooted every night at 5 am. They will re-populate as they do after a crash.

@doug and onyx, come get some buddies ;)